Chapter 3

Like they agreed, they never talked while they were in college. That's the deal. They agreed to the fact that it would just be too hard if they continued their relationship, so they ended it. She would still check his Facebook for new stories or pictures, and he checked hers. 

        Years later, they lessened the thought of each other, and went on with their lives. Josh became a doctor, like he has always dreamed and Stephanie was a painter. Stephanie went back to her hometown, where she grew up, and painted to her heart's content. 

*Josh's POV

"Sir. You don't get it. He's not going to live, and his family WANTS to dotate his lungs. Why don't we just use it?" Josh argued with his boss.

"It's against our policy. You KNOW this. We don't do this. Not in this hospital."

"So it's against your policy to save a man's life when we can. This is a hospital. You save who you can. Now we have the chance. The donor's family allows, and it's the donor's will. The lungs fit perfectly in Fred Oljf's so besides the policy, what's some other reason that you can come up with to not save this man's life when we have the alsolute perfect chance to?"

"I told you, rules are rules, and we have to follow the it."

"I don't understand. This just doesn't make sense. How can you live with yourself, knowing that you can easily save a man's life, but chose not to?"

"If you can't just get over this, just switch hospitals!"

"You know what? I will. I quit. This is a shit excuse for a hospital anyways."

        He walked out of the hospital, jobless.