Luke...

Chapter Two: Luke

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! 

The wailing sound of my alarm clock breaks through my dream as my peaceful slumber is rudely interrupted. Rolling over, through eyes haf closed, I see the clock showing me that it is 7:30. Time to get ready for the last day of school. Ever. I sigh, closing my eyes and rolling back over. Not even a minute later the alarm wails again. I groan loudly as I slam my fist into the top of the clock, silencing the horrible cry. 

As I whip the quilt away from my body, I am greeted by the rush of cold morning air. I shiver as the entire of my skin becomes goosebump riddled. I stare at the ceiling, briefly, as I try to gather the motivation to remove myself from the comfort of my bed. 

I almost fall out of bed when I eventually feel like moving, I had to toilet, due to my room being extremely dark. I walk with ease through my room, as I am not a "typical teenage boy" and actually prefer to have a clean area to live in. I don't understand how people can live in a messy room. It uneases me.

As I walk past my computer, I realise I left it on when I fell asleep. I lean down to turn it off, but notice Facebook flashing that I have a message. Scarlett. I fell asleep talking to her again. Clicking on the message, I see she told me she was going for food, a few minutes after I dozed off. Oops. I quickly apologise for not not replying and promise her we can talk later. With that, I begin getting ready for my last day. 

Half an hour later I hear the honk of my best friends car horn. He drives us both to school and back every day as he lives a few doors away. I have known him for many years and can trust him with my life. He is one of only 2 other people who know about my feelings for Scarlett. She lives in a different part of the country, which is about 2 hours on a train but I have a feeling that one day we will meet. The car horn honks again, so I grab my bag and head off. 

The end of the day comes so much quicker than I had expected, and before I know it, me and Jack are blasting songs through the car radio with the roof down, enjoying the summer sun. People give us dirty looks but I really don't care. We are having fun. 

"So hey, hows that internet chick thing?" Jack asks as he turns the music down. He turns to grin at me, my face reflecting in the lenses of his sunglasses. I awkwardly shift my regualr glasses up my nose and smile a little. 

"It's going okay I think. I've never felt this way about anybody ever, so I'm still a little confused." I admit. "I hope I can meet her soon though. I really do" Jack giggles and punches my arm. Apparently, I have been hit with the "Love Bug" but she could be anything and I wouldn't know. I know he is only looking out for me, but she can't be that bad. She's only 18, from a slightly different background, but that doesn't make her crazy or anything. She can't be that weird. Can she?