●Chapter One●

"Get out of my house! Now!" He yelled at me.
"Honey, don't be like this." My mom tried to coax him out of his state of anger.
"No! I want her out right now!" He stood up and grabbed my arm. "I don't want to see her back here again either." He yanked me up off the couch and dragged me outside. I was thrown onto the porch.
My mother ran outside. "Let's be rational here." She tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't listen to her.
"If I see you on my property again I will shoot you!"
"Here honey." My mom placed my car keys in my hand. "I love you." She kissed my forehead.
"When can I get my stuff?" I asked her.
"I'll call you tomorrow morning. Where are you going to go?"
"I'll just going to stay at Eric's house tonight. His parents aren't home." I told her.
"I don't want you there with him alone." There's my overprotective mom.
"Mom, I literally just told you guys that I'm gay." I had to remind her.
"Oh, right." She smiled. "I love you sweetie."
"I love you mom." We hugged. Over my shoulder I could see step-dick glaring at me. I hated him so much.
I slung my backpack over my shoulder and took it to my car. It was the one thing I actually had when I was thrown out. I had no clothes or anything, just my laptop and my sketchbooks.
I started my old car up and turned the AC on. It was eight at night bit it was still warm and light outside. I pulled out of the driveway.

《...》

"Marley? What are you doing here?" Eric came to the door almost immediately.
"I got kicked out." I said.
"You told them?"
"Yeah, I did. My mom was okay with it, but- you know..."
He only nodded. He knew exactly what I meant. Step-douche owned the house so he basically dictated my existence. He hated me for some reason, but he still didn't have custody over me. I didn't know my real dad but he wouldn't give me up.
"Can I stay with you for tonight?" I asked.
"Of course you can." He took my backpack and pulled me into the warmth of the house. "Sit down. I'll go grab you my shorts to sleep in."
I sat down on the leather couch and let my situation really sink in.
My step-dad has been a real jerk.
I'm gay.
I've never met my dad.
I just got thrown out of the house.
I'm staying at my best friends house.
His parents don't know.
My mom is upset.

I started to cry. I sobbed into the arm of the couch. "What have I done?"
"Hey I got you-" Eric walked in on my crying. "Marley, are you okay?" He wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shirt. "Hey, what's wrong."
"Will you come and help me get my stuff from home tomorrow?" I sniffed.
"Yeah. Do you want me to go in and pack you're bag?"
"No. Mom will do it. Idiot just won't let me come back home."
"You're mom has no say in that?" He started to raise his voice.
"No, it's his house." I told him. "Please don't yell at me."
"I'm sorry, honey." He squeezed my hand.
I've suffered emotional abuse from my stepfather for years. I could move out, but there's no where else for me. I've been trying to earn money for a year or two of community college, until I can, hopefully, get a scholarship.
"You need to get some rest." Eric handed me his basketball shorts and a T-shirt he had. "Get dressed and you can sleep in my bed."
"Well, I don't want to take you're bed over."
"It's okay." He stood up and helped me up. "You need to get some rest. You've been through enough."
I nodded and Eric led me to his room. I changed and laid down. He went out to sleep in his parent's bed.
I laid there and started to think about what I was going to do. I couldn't go home. I couldn't stay here forever. I couldn't afford rent. Then it hit me, I could go to my dad's. I've never met him, but maybe he would take me in for a while. I just need help until I can get back onto my feet.
I don't know anything about him, but I know he still won't give me up. "I'll ask mom about him tomorrow." I said to the ceiling. "Right now I just need to get some sleep, like Eric said."
"What did I say?" I heard through the door.
I was going to die.
"Can I come in?"
"Sure." I said casually. Eric came into the room and he leaned against the door frame. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah. Why do you ask?"
"Well, you just got kicked out of the house, you were crying only twenty minutes ago, and I caught you talking to yourself." He raised an eyebrow.
"Oh, right." I said. "I'm just a little upset."
Eric kicked off the door and sat on the edge of the bed. "Do you want to talk about it?"
Did I? Did I really want to talk to him about my gayness? No. No, I didn't. "Sure."
     He took my hand into his and rubbed the top of my hand with his thumb. "What are you going to do?"
     "Well...." I should tell him. "I don't know yet?" Oh, why do I do this?
     "I mean, I'm really sorry, but, you can't stay here for forever." He hesitated between each word.
     "I know, and I don't expect to."
     "You should really get some rest. You've had a long day." He hugged my and shut the light off, turning to leave the room.
     "Thank you, Eric." I said before he left.
     "Of course." He smiled and closed the door.
     "Damn, he's a good friend." I said to myself. I turned to my side and fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow.