Preface

Frustaration, anger, resentment, war. This is the story of how my life fell apart. I should preface this by saying that my parents were separtated a long time ago. I can't really say what happened, mainly because I just don't know, but it has a lot to do with the fact that they weren't really "together" in the first place. Anyways, I mostly lived with my father. He worked a lot, so we were more like ships passing in the night than an actual family. Sure, we still care about each other, asked how the other was doing, but it was distant and he always felt a bit disconnected. 

On the other hand, the relationship with my mother didn't just feel disconnected it was disconnected. She just seemed so foreign to me, like she was from another country or something. I don't know, it was just like sometimes she was speaking another language and we didn't quite get each other the way most mothers and daughters do.

My adopted brother, Ivan, lived out on is own. We didn't have much in the way of a relationship either. We argued a lot whle he was still living with my dad and I and it seemed he hated us just for taking him in, so once he got his chance he left. We still saw each other once and a while, but we weren't like brother and sister, you know. 

This was our condition, the family I mean. We were what some would call "broken", but I call it "the calm before the storm". That may sound a bit cliché, but it's true. Our world was about to explode and there was no way to avoid it.