|1|

Hello people of the Wattpad! This is my new short story Running Red Lights! As I said this is a short story. I will be posting bits here and there with in the next few days. I hope you will enjoy my new story!

Note most "chapters" will be short other than "chapter" 1.

Now onto the good stuff!

Cover by: All_Random_Me

_______________________________

Running Red Lights

It is amazing what all can happen in just one night.

Now,  I'm not just saying that just to be saying it. Nope, that is just going to be how I start my story.

*Flashback to that night*

It was around 11 o'clock at night when I finished taping up the last of my boxes. I looked around my now semi bare room and sighed. Tomorrow is the day I start another chapter of my life, college.

It is a bittersweet moment because I honestly didn't know if I was ready to grow up and be thrown out in the real world just yet. I had mentioned to my parents one day about maybe taking a year off before going off to college, but that idea was quickly shot down when my mom handed me my keys to my new soon to be apartment and my acceptance letter into law school.

I went and laid down on my bed and heard something ruffle when I did. I reached behind me and pulled out a picture I had accidentally forgotten to pack. I smiled when I saw just what picture it was.

It was a picture of my best friend Ben and I. We were laughing and hugging each other while we were covered head to toe in multiple colors of paint from a paint war we had had earlier in the day of that photo.

Ben.

He had been my best friend since we were in first grade and I hit him in the head with my Hello Kitty lunchbox by accident. I felt so bad and I remember crying and running away when I hit him. He followed after me and he told me it was okay. He then proceeded to share  half his chocolate chip cookie with me to calm me down.

It was an instant friendship right then and there.

Over the years it was like we were conjoined at the hip. It was rare to see us apart from each other for more than a couple of hours.

As the days passed and the years went on I found myself slowly falling for my best friend.

I remember the hurt I felt when Ben would come to me to get one of my friends to date him or when he started to date Diana, who he has been dating for almost two years.

Oh man, did I want to be mad at him, but then I remembered that I couldn't be because I had no right to be. He didn't know I was in love with him.

Now before you start to leave, let me tell you this, this  isn't one of those cliche stories were the best friends confess their love for each other and the get married and live happily ever after. That isn't the case.

Tomorrow I will be off to New York while Ben will be heading a total different way, also known as California.

The shrill of my phone brought me out of my thoughts. I looked at the caller I.D. and saw that it was none other than Ben himself.

“Hey.” I answered casually.