Will Grayson Will Grayson

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate."
~John Green/David Levithan

"Some people have lives; some people have music."
~John Green/David Levithan

"Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters."
~John Green/David Levithan

"You like someone who can't like you back because unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot. "
~John Green/David Levithan

"I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me."
~John Green/David Levithan

"When things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. It's because a little piece gets lost - the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. The whole shape has changed."
~John Green/David Levithan

"NO. No no no. I don't want to screw you. I just love you. When did who you want to screw become the whole game? Since when is the person you want to screw the only person you get to love? It's so stupid, Tiny! I mean, Jesus, who even gives a crap about sex?! People act like it's the most important thing humans do, but come on. How can our sentient freaking lives revolve around something slugs can do. I mean, who you want to screw and whether you screw them? Those are important questions, I guess. But they're not that important. You know what's important? Who would you die for? Who do you wake up at five forty-five in the morning for even though you don't even know why he needs you? Whose drunken nose would you pick?!"
~John Green/David Levithan

"I do not say 'good-bye.' I believe that's one of the bullshittiest words ever invented. It's not like you're given the choice to say 'bad-bye' or 'awful-bye' or 'couldn't-care-less-about-you-bye.' Every time you leave, it's supposed to be a good one. Well, I don't believe in that. I believe against that."
~John Green/David Levithan

"Caring doesn't sometimes lead to misery. It always does."
~John Green/David Levithan

"I feel like my life is so scattered right now. Like it's all the small pieces of paper and someone's turned on the fan. But, talking to you makes me feel like the fan's been turned off for a little bit. Like things could actually make sense. You completely unscatter me, and I appreciate that so much."
~John Green/David Levithan

"I have a friend request from some stranger on Facebook and I delete it without looking at the profile because that doesn't seem natural. 'Cause friendship should not be as easy as that. It's like people believe all you need to do is like the same bands in order to be soulmates. Or books. Omg... U like the outsiders 2... it's like we're the same person! No we're not. It's like we have the same English teacher. There's a difference."
~John Green/David Levithan

"This is why we call people exes, I guess - because the paths that cross in the middle end up separating at the end. It's too easy to see an X as a cross-out. It's not, because there's no way to cross out something like that. The X is a diagram of two paths."
~John Green/David Levithan

"Maybe tonight you're scared of falling, and maybe there's somebody here or somewhere else you're thinking about, worrying over, fretting over, trying to figure out if you want to fall, or how and when you're gonna land, and I gotta tell you, friends, to stop thinking about the landing, because it's all about falling."
~John Green/David Levithan

"I will admit there's a certain degree of giving a crap that goes into not giving a crap. By saying you don't care if the world falls apart, in some small way you're saying you want it to stay together, on your terms."
~John Green/David Levithan

"It's hard to believe in coincidence, but it's even harder to believe in anything else."
~John Green/David Levithan

"That's what the voices in your head are for, to get you through the silent parts."
~John Green/David Levithan

"When things break, it's not the actual breaking that prevents them from getting back together again. It's because a little piece gets lost -- the two remaining ends couldn't fit together even if they wanted to. The whole shape has changed."
~John Green/David Levithan

"Being in a relationship, that's something you choose. Being friends, that's just something you are. [Screw] it, I do pick you. We've been friends too long to pick, but if we could pick, I'd pick you."
~John Green/David Levithan

"I think the idea of a 'mental health day' is something completely invented by people who have no clue what it's like to have bad mental health. The idea that your mind can be aired out in twenty-four hours is kind of like saying heart disease can be cured if you eat the right breakfast cereal. Mental health days only exist for people who have the luxury of saying 'I don't want to deal with things today' and then can take the whole day off, while the rest of us are stuck fighting the fights we always fight, with no one really caring one way or another, unless we choose to bring a gun to school or ruin the morning announcements with a suicide."
~John Green/David Levithan

"Nothing's wrong. Everything's right. Things couldn't be righter. Things could be less tired. They could be less busy. They could be less caffeinated. But they couldn't be righter."

~John Green/David Levithan