I'll be doing weekly updates from this chapter onwards ifnsj

It'd been two days since the incident and Leo was constantly on the edge. Hakyeon had neither talked to him about it, nor did he fully ignore Leo, which caused more stress for him. The cat sighed frustratedly and paced around the house. Hakyeon wasn't present at the moment, because he had to go to work. The hybrid found out that Hakyeon was a personal dance trainer and he often had to work from the mornings and afternoons.

Most of his customers were often the wealthy, so Hakyeon had to travel down to their residence to conduct lessons. So, Leo was stuck at home doing nothing.

He looked outside the yard and realised that their neighbours had a flower garden next to their house. Leo once remembered seeing a male hand over flowers to a female as an apology before. Would it work the same with Hakyeon? He changed into his cat form and climbed out the window.

The cat sneaked his way into the garden and looked at the collection of flowers in the garden. He didn't know anything about flowers, so he settled for the one that caught his eye. It was a bright blue flower with a relatively small size. The centre was yellow, with one or two pink petals.

Sensing that no one was near him, he quickly dug out the soil and pulled out the flowers. Carrying them in his mouth, he raced back to the house and felt accomplished with his little mission.

°•°•°•°•°

"Leo-ah", Hakyeon called out as he came back from his lessons.

His muscles were sore from the back to back lessons and he was incredibly light headed since he didn't have time to rest in between. Hakyeon threw his bags on the floor and jumped onto his couch, noticing a small bunch of flowers. He picked it up and noticed that they were freshly picked and tied too. Did Leo do this? The human smiled at the forget-me-nots and wondered if Leo even knew what the flowers signified.

Hakyeon placed the flowers neatly into a vase and set it on the table. Leo seemed to be in his room and he decided to leave him be. Grabbing his spare clothes, Hakyeon took a long needed shower and looked forward to having his good night's rest.

It wasn't even a while before Hakyeon slept when he felt his hand being lifted. He secretly peeked and squinted at the sight of Leo undoing his bandages. The golden skinned one grabbed Leo's wrist out of the blue.

"What are you doing?"

Leo jerked and stared at Hakyeon, eyes blinking. "N-nothing! I was just going to..."

The hybrid bit his lip started backing away, but Hakyeon tightened his grip around Leo.

He looked softly into Leo's eyes and spoke. "Just tell me, I'm not mad or anything."

The hybrid remained silent for about twenty seconds before replying to Hakyeon. "I was going to lick your wound. It's such a deep scratch it won't heal quickly."

The human sat up from his lying position and gestured for the cat to sit beside him, patting the couch. There was an awkward silence before Hakyeon decided it was time to ask Leo what happened back there.

"In the changing room, did I say something wrong that triggered you?", Hakyeon said in a hushed whisper.

"...No"

Leo was holding onto his tail again, ears slowly dropping downwards.

Hakyeon continued. "Then what was it?"

"Animal instinct? Hakyeon I don't know, sometimes I get blinded by fear and start doing t-things that I'm not even aware of-"

Leo was breathing heavily as tears rolled down his cheekbones. The sight of it alarmed Hakyeon and he immediately wrapped his arms around the hybrid.

"It's okay Leo, breathe," Hakyeon said as he held the hybrid dearly. "You've been through a lot in your life. This is just another challenge you'll have to face. And I'm here to help, I promise."

Leo's cries slowly turned into muffled sobs, as his face was pressed against Hakyeon's right shoulder. They exchanged no words. What had first been an awkward silence became something more of comforting, with the occasional sob from Leo being the only sound.

How broken and vulnerable Leo must've been all these years. Not only Leo, Hakyeon reasoned.

"Feeling better Leo?", Hakyeon asked quietly. "Leo?"

He looked at the hybrid, who had somehow dozed off to sleep in his arms. Hakyeon chuckled and placed a hand onto the couch, leaning backwards. Leo laid on top of Hakyeon and the latter was surprised at how comfortable it actually was. He spent a few minutes trying to place the blanket on top the both of them.

"Good night Leo," Hakyeon whispered and kissed the top of the hybrid's head, snaking his arms around Leo's waist.