Meeting Ryo Asuka

You nervously fiddle with the buttons on your lab coat as you followed your supervisor down the hallway. Both of you came to a halt in front of the conferencing room doors and the old man turned towards you, "Don't be nervous Ms. [L/N]. All you have to do is greet your new colleague." He assures you.

"Sir, I still think it's a good idea that I work alone for this experiment." You spoke in a quiet voice. "Plus what if they don't like me?"

Your supervisor gingerly pats your shoulder. "I'm sure you two will get along well. After all, he does look like your type." He laughs.

You laugh along with him and after a brief moment of word association, your cheeks flush a dark red, "Huh?!" Your eyebrows shot up as your supervisor gives you a thumbs up. He opens the door and pushes you inside the room. You stand there with wide eyes until a young man dressed in white approaches you.

He reaches for your hand but you're too stunned by his foreign features. "My name is Professor Ryo Asuka, just Ryo is fine, and I'm happy to be able to work with you from now on." He shakes your hand and smiles. You stayed silent and felt your heart flutter the slightest. "I... um... Do you speak English?" Ryo's smile faltered a little.

Rude... You internally scoffed, "Yeah, probably better than you." Well, at least he's cute... You came back to your senses and waved your hands in front of your face while shaking your head. "Oh shit - I mean, I'm sorry! Well, I-I mean I can speak English - I didn't mean better than y-you though, no -!"

"Ms. [L/N]...!" Ryo grabs your trembling hands and you stopped shaking. You paused your rambling and were face to face, you looked into his blue eyes and muttered an apology. Ryo turned away with a small blush on his cheeks, he furrowed his eyebrows, "I... Should be the one saying sorry..."

There was a moment of silence until you pulled your hands away, "So, how do you know my name already?" You chuckled nervously.

Ryo looked at you then turned away again, "Your name tag." He muttered.

Well, I'm a dumbass. "Oh, right..." You wanted to facepalm so hard and you whimpered quietly in embarrassment.

Ryo cleared his throat and guided towards the conferencing table. He pulls a chair for you like a gentleman and you sit down while he sits in the next chair beside you. On the other side you noticed another older man, Professor Fikira placed papers down on the table.

"Professor [L/N], you, me, and Professor Asuka will travel to South America, specifically Peru, to continue our studies on how demons possess humans." The old man spoke in a serious voice.

Your eyes lit up with excitement. "Me? Peru? Ryo? Now?!" You exclaimed. You've always loved travelling. Ryo turns to you and smiles at your happy state.

"Yeah, we will stay there for about a month," Professor Fikira shrugs his shoulders.

You smiled brightly and jumped up and down on your seat.

"And we'll be using you as bait."

Your and Ryo's smile dropped and both of you spoke at the same time, "I'm sorry, What?"