Preface

"Money is power, and rare are the heads that can withstand the possession of great power." - Benjamin Disraeli

Corruption. It's a familiar word. You hear it in the news, you hear it in politics, and everything like that. Why do we have to face corruption though? What is it about people in power that makes them commit crimes. There is always one common factor.

Money.

It's the answer to everything. Your bills, food, healthcare, home, car, job, personal enjoyment, and so much more. There is an unending list. Money is the center of everything. Not just in the world but the center of the human mind. It's an essence of psychology that grasps you whenever you lay your eyes on that fat, mouthwatering wad of cash sitting in the cash register as you hold a gun to the cashier's head.

Money is the foremost answer of greed.

Whenever one thinks of greed they think of money. Money causes greed. It causes humans to do inhumane things, and quite frankly nobody can help it. Corruption is based solely on money. What is there to a businessman when he has no money? What is there to a politician when he have not the money to run his own campaign?

Money makes us do horrible things. We steal, cheat, kill, fight, and so many more unspeakable things. The human brain which has developed for thousands of years and evolved in so many ways can not simply fight off our urge to grab that wad of cash.

Imagine that you could make $100,000 every year without doing any work. It may sound like a lottery advertisement, but its all reality. However, there is always one common factor.

Corruption.

The most powerful people are the richest. The wealthy put the weak on their knees, and then lift them up again like puppets to serve their evil bidding. They take them by the string and push them around, but the puppets won't have that. However, only a select few of the puppets will acquire the courage to stand up to their puppeteer. The puppeteer won't release them, though.

So, the puppet will cut the string.

A whistleblower is a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in illicit activity. The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989 was signed to protect them from any retaliation sent by their employers.

The following events are based on a true story. The location, names of characters, and other aspects of the true events were changed and/or enhanced for entertainment purposes.