Cinnamon Roll Babies

So one of my readers suggested I release something on Airum and Lex's 'cinnamon roll babies.' _Author_kun_

Well, here it is!

***

-Airum-

I closed my eyes, basking in the warmth of the sun's rays. The front porch was the best place to sit in the afternoons, especially now that the cold winter months were fading, replaced by the gentle growth of spring.

A familiar pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders, and my husband brushed a kiss against my neck. "Need anything?" He breathed against my ear.

I chuckled, "Lex, you don't have to fret over me so much." I placed a hand over my swollen abdomen, "I've done this before, you know."

"Yes, and we have two beautiful children to prove it," he murmured, his grip around me tightening, "but I am still allowed to worry over my pregnant husband, aren't I?"

Our youngest child, Luka, grabbed my leg, "Daddy!" His huge eyes found mine, and my heart melted. Luka was two, with my green eyes and a lot of Lex's features. Alex, age four, was the opposite. He had my hair and facial structure, but Lex's eyes.

Both boys were playing at our feet, toys scattered across the porch.

"When are Merun and James supposed to get here?" Lex asked softly, picking Luka up and cradling him in his arms. I smiled, unable to contain how much I enjoyed being around my beautiful family.

"We're here!" Merun's voice yelled from around the corner.

He and James came around the corner, their own son, Timothy, cradled in his arms. Lex set Luka down and went to help them, taking their bags and leading them inside. I started to get to my feet, but decided against it, instead staying to watch the boys.

After a few minutes, Lex came back out, taking my hand, "need anything?"

I chuckled, "don't worry. Are they getting settled?"

"Yes, I'm sure we will see them around dinner time."

Our baby moved inside of me, and I groaned softly. It was getting really close. I suspected it would be within the next week or so.

"You okay?" Lex asked, eyes worried.

I nodded, "we're getting close, Lex."

"Now?" He asked, brow furrowing, "do I need to call Ariam?"

Ariam was the Estraleon nurse who came down to help deliver the babies. Lex had paid him to stay nearby when I was nearing the due date. He had come down two weeks ago, and was staying in one of the dwellings here on the estate.

I shook my head, "not now, but soon."

I could tell he was worried, but excited at the same time. I smiled at him fondly, wondering how I had scored such a wonderful husband. He was always so kind to me, and loved all of us very much.

We sat outside for a bit longer, watching the children play. Less than an hour later, a servant arrived to announce dinner. Lex helped me to my feet, picking up Luka and holding Alex's hand.

Just then, I felt a familiar pull in my abdomen. My eyes widened, and my gaze met Lex's.

"Lex, you might want to call Ariam now."

-Lex-

I paced outside of the bedroom, my stomach filled with dread. Every time this happened, all I could think about was whether or not they would be okay. So many things could go wrong.

The procedure of birthing a child was a bit different for a man than a woman. The nurse would cut open Airum's abdomen to remove the child, then seal him back up again so he could heal. If it weren't for Estraleon's advanced medicine, there would be no way for Airum to survive. That was one of the only things I was grateful to Ranaan for - if Airum had gotten pregnant before we knew of his Estraleon roots, he most likely would not have survived, and neither would the baby.

Now, paying to have a nurse around who knew how to perform the surgery was the least of my problems. It didn't matter how much money I had to throw at that Estraleon, all I cared about was that my husband and child were safe.

"Lex," Merun said gently, putting his hand on my arm, "Ariam has performed this procedure countless times. It's going to be okay."

I sighed, pausing. What if it wasn't okay, though?

"Ariam delivered Timothy, too, remember?" James pointed out, "you can trust him."

"I know. He also delivered Luka and Alex, I just can't help but think something will go wrong," I murmured.

Merun hugged me, "you're a good husband, Lex."

Suddenly, I heard a baby's cry beyond the door, and I nearly flew inside. However, I waited, understanding that there was still much to do. Even so, one of the nurses Ariam brought with him came out holding the baby a few minutes later, handing the child to me.

I cradled the small bundle in my arms, my eyes nearly popping out of their sockets. My newest son wriggled in my arms, crying out. I held him to my chest, nearly shedding tears of joy.

"What will you name him?" James asked.

I looked down at the adorable child, going through the names Airum and I had discussed previously. "Julian," I breathed, holding him to my chest.

Merun smiled, "congratulations."