chapter one

still i flychapter one❝i'm never letting go, gotta learn to grow

still i fly
chapter one
❝i'm never letting go, gotta learn to grow. watch me as i touch the sky, still i fly. now iknow it's what i gotta do, find a dream that's new, give it all i got this time, still i fly.❞

♔ ♔ ♔

      he loves watching her paint. maybe it was because what she paints next is unpredictable, something they would've never expected. but everything she painted was creative, original, beyond their imagination or wildest dreams. maybe that's an exaggeration, but sowon's talent was something that still took his breath away. each stroke was gentle and careful, every color brought the picture to life, and every single detail showed her peculiar personality.

      maybe he was being over dramatic, but he always thought her art was extraordinary. jisung loves watching sowon paint, especially because her artistic abilities blew him away. though sowon dabbled mainly in drawing people, she was amazing at other art styles like painting a scenery or still life's. but he loved her little goofy paintings as well.

      "is that me?" jisung asked excitedly as he pointed to a small figure at the corner of the mural. sowon was currently painting a galaxy of odd little things such as cats with an astronaut helmets, flying dogs, potted cacti flying in cute spaceships, and of course him with an astronaut helmet holding a flag with a coffee cup on it. "wow, i am so cute, you really got my good points down."

      sowon laughed at his comment before placing her paint palette down on her lap. little jars of acrylic paint were arranged on her plastic tray next to her feet, her palette knife in the water jar as her different paint brushes laid on a paper towel if they're unused. "what do you think? it's different, i know, but i was feeling a bit bubbly this week. and i was watching a lot of movies about space so there's that."

      jisung nodded before playfully wiping away a fake tear from his cheek. he placed both his hands over his heart as he sighed, "i am honored to be a part of your masterpiece, miss ahn. it's truly an honor to be in such artwork. but honestly it's great, different, but i like it."

      "not my proudest work, but it's not bad." sowon picked up one of her detail brushes and dipped it in bright, orange paint before signing the mural at the corner. sarah ahn, december 26. "consider it my christmas gift for you. by the way, don't you have practice soon? you're going to be late if you don't head over there now."

      the rapper put his hands in the air in surrender before getting up from his seat on the table next to where she painted. "because i don't wanna miss your fantastic artwork. plus practice doesn't start for another half hour, i can probably make it there if i run it. and practice is gonna increase soon so i don't wanna miss anymore of your art."

      "i can always send you pictures after i'm done."

      "nah, it's not as great as seeing it in person, i always miss the little details. plus it sucks if i miss seeing it. i mean you always change it every other week. i missed the last one with the night scenery of paris."