Madge's POV (1)

Madge's POV

Chapter 1

I walk thought district 12. Dragging my feet through the dust. Everyone thinks I have a great life because I'm the mayors daughter and I have food on my table. Which I'll admit is a step up from others but it doesn't mean my life is good. My dads a little insane you know. He's the mayor but he let it get to him. It's odd. Just like me.

Chapter 2

As I walk to school I see one of my only friends Katniss. Many of my 'friends' pretend to be my friends because they need food and I have it. "Hello" I say with a smile.

"Hi" she says unhappily. She barely speaks anymore. After she competed in the hunger games and her boyfriend Peeta died she couldn't handle it. I leave her alone knowing she doesn't want to be bothered. I walk on. Then I see Gale.

Chapter 3

Gale and Katniss used to be best friends but me and him had always been friends. I've wanted us to be more but all the girls chase him. His good looks his charm. He's almost irresistible. I understand how they feel. We slowly drift toward each other on the walk to school. We have a little conversation. Small talk but nothing that can resist the smile creeping onto my face. The school bell rings and the boring school day starts again.

Chapter 4

We learn about our districts history. Mining, Coal and all that. After school I walk home. I laze around until it's bed time. I have trouble sleeping. Nightmares wake me up every hour. I wake shaking from fear. I hold back the tears ready to stream down my face. Tomorrow is the reaping. Even though my names in there once and there's not a big chance I'll be picked theres still a chance. It's not impossible.

Chapter 5

When I wake up I try to slow my breathing while I put on my reaping dress. A pink pastel dress with a brown belt. I walk downstairs.

"Hi honey. Ready for the reaping?' my dad says with a chuckle. Like I said he's a bit crazy. He thinks the reapings fun. Good. He thinks there zero chance I'll get picked. He's trying to be all slick and like he's from the Capitol by supporting the games just cause he's a mayor.

Chapter 6

I head to the town square with my father. Once we arrive I get by finger pricked and walk over to the section of 16 year old girls.My dad sits on stage with Katniss and of course the ridiculous Haymitch. Effie trinket our peppy escort walks out In 6 inch heels and a sparkly green dress.

"Hello and Welcome to the 76th hunger games! And the may the odds be ever in you favor!" the play the same video they always play. Effie puts her hand in the girls bowl. I know it's me before she even speaks it. "Madge Undersee!"

Chapter 7

I walk up. No volunteers. More proof that no one cares for me. As I step on stage Effie gives me a slight hug and congratulates me as if this is a honor. She goes to pick the male tribute. "Gale Hawthorne" she announces. My body turns to ice. It was bad enough I had to be in these games but now with Gale makes it ten times worse. We are escorted into the justice building. Time to say our goodbyes.

Chapter 8

My dad barges in "Baby this is all wrong. You shouldn't of been picked" he says

"Ya. I told you. It wasn't impossible"

"Well its wrong" he says starting to scream

"Well its the truth." I say quite rudely. "Im sorry. Im just mad I have to compete. And sorry I have to die."

"Honey it's ok. The thing is, you won't die"

Chapter 9

Katniss walks in and mutters one of the longest sentences I think I've heard her say in a while