Monster: Origins of Darkness #1

Summary:

Mikayla Reed is not like other 17-year-old girls. She's a leather jacket wearing, motorcycle driving, flip-you-the-finger badass with a deadly secret. Born to kill, she refuses to become a monster, even if her destiny dictates it. She hides behind a facade, so no one can see who she really is, and no one can die because of her curse. Everything changes when she moves in with her new foster family, the Wrights.

At her new school, one of the popular boys, Isaac Wilson, takes an interest in her, and dares to challenge everything she has ever believed in.

What Isaac doesn't know is that a dark force is stalking the mysterious girl. It knows her fate, and the part that he plays in it as well.

With Darkness closing in on her, Mikayla must come to terms not only with herself, but her destiny as well.

----

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

"Monster" is the first book in the "Origins of Darkness" trilogy. This is like a prequel to my main series, "Darkness Falls," but I'm writing the Origins first so that I can wrap my head around characters that have major roles in the main series, but cannot dedicate huge portions of the books to. The Origins will go as follows:

Book 1: Monster
Book 2: Renegade
Book 3: Seraphim

However, due to the nature that Seraphim will explain everything in the main series, I will be posting that one last after everything else is said and done (every story has a beginning, and sometimes the best beginnings come at the very end! ...Right? hehe)

So YES! Huge project underway here, and I hope you enjoy the story!

---

Rated PG-13 for coarse language and some dark themes.

All Rights Reserved | Copyright 2014 Joflower

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.

Cover image by j_u_d_a_s (on Deviant Art), edited by Joflower