Be With Me

Sanghyuk paced nervously, unable to keep off his feet knowing that you would arrive any minute. If the hyungs knew what he was doing, they would almost definitely stop him, but luckily they were all busy at a variety show filming he had had to miss because he had fallen ill.

Hyuk had sent you a text five minutes ago, asking if you would come take care of him. He loved having his own cell phone, a gift from the CEO after their first win with Voodoo Doll months earlier - it gave him the freedom to contact whomever he wanted without everyone else knowing about it. You had immediately responded that you were on your way; it wasn't out of the norm for him to want your company when he fell ill and was left behind by his members. The only thing that was different this time - the reason that the maknae was restless - was that he had developed feelings for you, something you had no clue about.

His phone vibrated in his pocket.

Hyuk oppa, I'm here. Buzz me in?

He froze, eyes widening. Okay, man. Keep calm. You're the cool maknae. Nothing can faze you.

He pressed the button to let her in, squaring his shoulders as if getting ready to face the enemy. Realising how rigid his stance was, he let out a sigh, shaking himself out to rid his body of the worst of the nervous energy.

A moment later, the doorbell rang. He flung the door open, a beam on his face. You, too, were initially smiling but your expression quickly shifted to one of concern.

"Oppa, you look so pale! Go lie down, I'll bring you some soup."

In his excitement to see you, he had completely forgotten how weak he actually felt. Nodding in compliance, he made his way to the couch and wrapped a blanket around himself, stealing glances towards the kitchen every once in a while to see how you were getting on.

"Is chicken soup okay?" you called, pulling out the ingredients you had bought on the way.

"Sure. I don't think I'll be able to keep down anything solid though."

"I'll just bring you the soup and you can eat the chicken when you're feeling better, okay?"

"Okay!"

You giggled at his enthusiasm, navigating the kitchen with ease as you started making your speciality (a.k.a the only dish you knew how to make).

Half an hour later, you brought out a tray holding the hot soup and a glass of water. Setting it down on the floor - more than two years in this dorm and they still hadn't bought a table of any sort - you slowly shook your best friend awake. Truth be told, he was only older than you by a few months, but he liked when you called him oppa so you didn't mind calling him that.

"Oppa, drink your soup while it's hot."

He opened an eye, staring at the bowl of soup. “Do I have to eat?”

“Are you not feeling up to it?”

He shook his head, pouting. Aish, and he says he doesn’t have any aegyo.

“Fine, you can go back to sleep then. I’ll warm it up for you later.”

You picked the tray back up, ready to head to the kitchen when he spoke in a soft voice. “Maybe…”

You put it back down, kneeling to hear him better. “What was that?”

“I could drink it now if you feed it to me.”

“Wow oppa, you must really be sick,” you laughed. He never acted like this with you. If anything, he was usually the teasing, tough-love, older brother type, treating you like one of the guys.