Chapter 1

My aunt always told me that there were people out in the world who could hear your thoughts. Sadly she was one of my crazier aunts and went to a mental asylum a couple of times before she committed suicide, because the mind intruding people were after her or something weird like that.

I don't know why her words popped up in my mind while I was in class and strangely enough making me wonder that if what she said was actually true. Maybe I should test it out. The worse that could happen is...

Is well nothing since no one would hear me and if they did I could figure out who it is and prove my aunt was correct. Well here goes nothing.

I decided that I would scream one of my secrets out loud inside of my head, because like they say go all out or go home.

'I have the biggest crush on Blake McCarthy!!'

At that moment the worst thing in the whole world happened. My aunt was correct about the mind intruding people, but why does it have to be him. Anyone else in the world would do except him.

My freaking crush, Blake McCarthy, flinched and turned towards me with a big smirk on his face.

My hands flew up to my mouth. 'You can read minds.'

'Yes, I can sweetheart. I didn't know you have a crush on me.' His voice echoed through my mind.

'Oh...um.. I was just joking. It's not you it's another Blake McCarthy, he's more attractive. You know what, you heard nothing.' I ranted in my mind.

'I have to say I didn't know you have such great taste in men.' He taunted.

'Oh, shut up! You heard nothing!' I argued back.

"Miss Thompson, I would very much appreciate it if you could not disturb me while I am giving class." My English Teacher said pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry Miss Ronson it won't happen again. You may proceed with class." I rant trying to ignore the curious eyes gazing at me.

"Thank you Miss Thompson that would be very much appreciated." Miss Ronson went on with her lesson.

In the back of my mind I heard his snicker. 'Hey, try not to voice your thoughts sweetheart. On the serious side though I want you to meet me at the library. Once break starts obviously.'

'Why should I?' I scoff not daring to look away from his back with curiosity sparking in my eyes.

'Just be there sweetheart. I have to inform you about something.' He answered taking a glance towards me with a dazzling smile.

How could I say no to that face. 'Ok, sure I will meet you there.'

'Alright, good see you then sweetheart.' He turned his attention back to the lesson Miss Ronson is currently giving.