Chapter 1. Mon

I’m in love with my bestfriend Mon.

Mon Peter Austria. The kid who saves me from that bully in highschool and changes my life.

 I was in the budding age of 15, smart, rich and don’t trust anybody. My parents were both businessmen and I don’t remember being hugged by any of them.  I grow up in a family where mistake is not an option, thus I programmed myself that I should not commit any, or hide it if there was. Most kid should have resulted in drugs, alcohol, early pregnancy or anything that will show their rebellion, but I choose a different path.  I want to show my parents what they created, a selfish and cold existence of their failure. I secretly hated everybody.

That’s what I am, before the day I really met Mon.

Mon is the leader of a gang in highschool. I used to separate people around me into two classes, whether they are usable or non-usable.  I put him in the non-usable, because I don’t have any connection with him whatsoever. He makes me curious to be honest, how a not so tall guy became the leader of a group who do nothing but fighting. I saw him once, how he fight, that’s when I learn that he usually go head-to-head with the leader of the opposing gang instead of having a violent skirmish with all parties involved. My classmates look at him as courageous gang leader while I look at him as a stupid, show-off brat.

It was the foundation day of our school, and everyone is expected to be at the hall. I came in late and luckily, I saw a vacant chair at one of the corner.  As I was about to sit in, a tall, fat boy grab the chair and sit on it, much to my surprise. I should have fall on the floor, if I wasn’t able to hold on the chair of my supposed seatmate. I felt blood rushing in my head, as I stand and say:

“I guess the boar community doesn’t teach chivalry and respect or perhaps the nutrients of the food they ate never reach their brain?”

“What did you say bitch?” he shouted, as he hold one of my arms.

“Let go of me!” I panicked as he raised one hand. He is about to hit me. For the first time I was scared.  This kid is idiot enough to lay his hands on me knowing who my parents are!

I close my eyes ready to get hurt when I heard a voice.

“Stop.”

It was him.

He stands there, both of his hand under the pockets of his hoodie. His eyes are not angry, but they are serious.  He looks at the bully as If he was commanding him. I felt the grip in my arm slowly diminish until I didn’t felt it anymore. The bully has released me.

He looks at me and bows his head before he left. The bully followed him like a dog. It looks like the boy is his underling. I stood there blank while watching his back as he walks away.  It shocked me more that somebody has saved me rather than somebody tries to hurt me.  I felt something weird inside my chest.