The Other Potter

Prologue:

The study was darkly lit as always as I took my place next to the head of the table. The cloaked figures around me all had their eyes fixed on the man beside me, his red eyes flickering as he began the meeting.

“So few of us,” he rasped, his voiced high-pitched, “And forces are gathering that would see our aims destroyed!”

Many among the seated flinched as their master raised his voice, but I leaned forward in my seat, watching in fascination as my Lord spoke. A large serpent coiled around the leg of his chair, and slithered up onto his robed shoulders. Nagini turned to stare into the eyes of all those watching, and her forked tongue flicked out in many directions.

“But,” my Lord continued, “The answer is not as far away as it would seem. For their leader has a weakness, a weakness for the helpless, a weakness for the innocent, and most of all… a weakness for family. And this is why I present she who I have raised as my own.”

All eyes turned to me as I lowered my hood, my skin shining white against the dark of the room. I smiled angelically as those around me gasped, recognising the scar on my forehead.

Lord Voldemort’s thin lips curled in an expression of triumph.  “And this weakness is open for exploitation, this weakness is why Evangeline will kill her brother, Harry Potter.”