Sociopaths VS Psychopaths

Despit their similarities, they are both disinctive in their own ways yet they are still a part of the Anti Social Disorder. Here are some differences between the two.

1) Relationships

A main difference between the two is the way they form relationships. A sociopath is able to feel empathy which allows them to form deep emotional attachments to other people genuinely despite their manipulative nature. However, psychopaths lack the ability to be empathetic due to the lack of activity in the frontal lobe if there is any activity . The frontal lobe is where all the 'right vs wrong' and social decisions are made. This is a physcial distinctive difference between the two as shown on brain scans therefore preventing psychopaths from developing emotional attachments.

2) Conscience
Another difference between psychopaths and sociopaths is the ability to have a 'conscience'. Conscience is a term which humans created to deem something right or wrong and to feel guilty for their actions. Sociopaths do have a conscience as they are able to feel guilty for their wrong-doings yet they are impulsive (which psychopaths are too ) which prevents them from resisting the urge. This is why socipaths usually only end up going into crimes like petty theft of any. However, psychopaths don't have this ability. They aren't able to feel any remorse for their actions leading them into making wreckless decisions as they feel as if the consequences don't matter aslong as their impulses have been served. Psychopaths range from being managers ( there is a 1/25 chance of a manager you know being a psychopath) to a murderer such as Adolf Hitler or even someone like Ed Gein. They don't see the wrongs in their doings, projecting all the blame on to someone who they feel is inferior to them. A classic example being Hitler with the Jewish community.

3) Impulses VS Calculated attack
The saying "A cold hearted psychopath" and "A hot-headed sociopath," is true to an extent. Sociopaths are very impulsive, psychopaths are also impulsive but not to this extent, which is why they don't hold themselves together as well behind their facade. If they want something, they will act upon it. This is something commonly seen in domestically abusive relationships, the victim has said something which the abuser dislikes leading into being hit. Hitting the victim was impulsiveness, showing the sociopathic tendencies of then abuser. Psychopaths, however, are much more calculated than this. Their attacks are pre-planned to be the most effective as to slowly but surely break down the victim into submission, leading into humilation. Psychopaths wouldn't suddenly lash out, they would plan everything to break the victim down and to isolate them making them vulnerable. This was evidentally shown with Adolf Hitler and the Jewish community. He slowly broke the Jews down by dehumanising them, making them feel subhuman forcing them to submit to Hitler by introducing laws removing their rights, citizenship, freedom of speech and even freedom itself . This all happened over a long period of time.

A/N: I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AND THIS MAY NOT BE 100% ACCURATE YET IT IS THE BEST I COULD DO. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOURSELF OR A FAMILY MEMBER'S MENTAL HEALTH PLEASE SEE A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL . THANK YOU!

REQUESTS ARE OPEN. MESSAGE ME TO MAKE A REQUEST OR COMMENT BELOW.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this. Let me know if you want more mental health content or if you would prefer me to look at other things .