At The School

It was almost the end of school, and I had just finished my dinner break before the 5th lesson was due to start. I didn't eat, as usual, and spent the time listening to my music in quiet atmosphere of the library. Before it was time to go to lesson, I visited the girl's bathroom to have a break before it began. 

I started by brushing my long golden hair. It came down to my hip, and I had always loved myself for how long my hair was. It was one of the few things that I liked about myself, that and my deep blue eyes. It kept me happy. I was a very quiet and reserved person, and I wasn't the most popular. I was bullied everyday, beaten and looked down upon because I was different. Music was my way of being able to escape from everyone.

After I was done, I walked over to the sink, and began washing my hands under the warm water, when I heard footsteps behind me. I thought it was just another girl coming in to the bathrooms, so naturally, I ignored it. But then I felt the pulling of my hair and the sound of scissors snap behind me. In a panic I turned around and reached to grab my hair, only for my fingers to grasp around the air around me.

My eyes widened in horror as my eyes fell upon the girl before me, and what was clutched in her hand. It was a handful of my hair. Tears brimmed my eyes and I pulled out my mirror to examine my hair, it had been cut below my shoulders...

The girl, known as Charlotte, thrust my hair into my stomach, and I grabbed onto it to stop it from falling to the floor. Throwing the scissors in the bin behind she turned around, and with a hate filled look in her eyes and on her face she said

"You'll never be beautiful" Before turning around and walking out, slamming the door behind her.

I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I felt... Empty. All I could do was collapse to the floor, clutching my hair and letting the tears fall from my eyes as the bell rang for 5th lesson. I didn't move for the rest of the hour...