The Pendant

"Keely come down stairs please! It's almost time for the ceremony!" My mom yells from somewhere on the lower floor. Today I turn 16 so that means I get my pendant. I am not sure if I should be scared or excited. I have heard stories of people going evil or crazy from the power, but was told not to worry. "Keely I am seriously your sister is already down here, we are waiting on you!" My mom screams at the top of her lungs. Oh yeah my lovely twin Bronwyn. My mom is always comparing us. Bronwyn is always better sports or school she is always on top. The only thing that we both share is our looks we both have long curly hair, bright green eyes and both are 5 foot tall. As I walk down the stairs I see two of them standing at the door annoyed. " Finally, the beast has awoken." Bronwyn jokes. "Whatever lets just get this over with." I say as I brush of her comment.

We finally got to the Sanctuary after a ton of arguing. I jump out of car just wanting to be home. I really don't care about the pendant anymore it is just a piece of metal. Right? We are shuffled in to the magnificent building and are rushed to a back room. "Keely, Bronwyn this is Maggie she will be conducting the ceremony." mom says quickly " I need to go find a seat, make me proud." She says as she walks out. I think that was intended more for Bronwyn than me. "Hello girls." Maggie says grinning ear to ear. " Hi Maggie nice to meet you. Can we just get this over with." I say Very annoyed.

When Maggie is finally done explaining ceremony to me and Bronwyn it is almost time. "Ok first born always goes first so Keely your up." Maggie says walking on the stage. " Today we gather to celebrate Keely and Bronwyn Heaven coming of age to get their pendants." She says from on top of the stage. That is my cue I gracefully step up on stage to stand beside Maggie out of the corner of my eye I see the two pendants sitting in a glass box glistening in the bright light. "First Keely" She starts "Keely do you except all the responsibilities that come with your pendent." "I do" I say in response too her " then I am proud to give you your pendant." Maggie says as she walks carefully over to the glass box. I watch her as she unlocks the magnificent box. She gently open the lid and picks up the blue pendant that was laying inside. She quickly walks back over to me and secures the pendant around my neck. " Keely you now possess the gift of your ancestors magic," Maggie says. Then I am whisked off the stage into the back to learn about my powers. I was told this would happen but I thought I we get to see my sister get her pendant. I step into a room that has a boy around my age and I'm mildly confused, boys can't possess the magic. So why is one teaching me about my powers especially one my age.