Chapter 1.

1994.

Running his hand roughly along his non-shaved jaw, the stubble left tiny dots on the palm of his hand from the force Todd let his eyes scan through the pictures his mind racing for the answer to these crimes.

Placed in front of him lay fifteen sets of before and after pictures of murder victims.

Eight, women.

Seven, men.

These murders have stretched over a two year course according to the examining of the dismembered bodies found in different places around the small town.

15000 people in Rington town.

One of them was a murder,

Serial, by the looks of things.

***

Reaching for the after picture of John Willis, father of one, family of three,

Local Butcher.

He examined the clean cut line that the an-sub sawed off dismembering both arms from the mans body.

He was stabbed a total of twenty times.

An even number.

Todd scribbles down notes,

Any clue to helping solve the investigation.

The legs down from the knees were also sliced off in a clean cut line.

He puts the picture back to its place and reaches for another.

Mary Jennings, Thirty two. Three small children left behind.

Local travel agent manager.

The same wounds apply to her, apart from her eyes which were both shot leaving behind blackened sockets.

The an-sub may have felt jealousy towards this victim?

More scribbling in his messy scrawl.

But there is now ten stab wounds penetrated into the abdomen.

Ten less than the man.

Her picture also returns to its place on the wall.

***

200 police men from the bordering areas have searched days endlessly for this silent killer.

53 medical examiners searching for evidence off the bodies.

1 investigator.

He is said to be the best,

Todd Damon.

He received a call three days before from Mr. James Kelly pleading for his help on the case.

Todd willingly agreed but now feels a pang of regret of taking on such a pressure seeing what he was up against.

Which was,

A cunning psychopathic serial killer.

Tearing his hazel eyes away from the corpse pictures he dug the heels of his hands deep into his eye sockets giving him flashy vision as questions raced through his mind.

Pacing through the small office given to him by the Rington folks he caught sight of a scrap of paper lying near the open window flailing about from the wind.

Grasping it up he pushed his glasses further up his nose to read the script.

'Get ready to say cheese Mr. Damon' .

***

Soo....Short yes and its kind of like a second prologue?

Hope you liked :)

Comments & Votes would be much appreciated.