The first letter

Alex and her grandparents just sat down for dinner. Alex, already dreading what would be placed on her plate, smiled at her grandmother and thanked her for the food.

Her grandmother smiled in response. The smile made Alex feel warm inside. "Alexandria." Her grandfather said.

Alex turned her gaze to her grandfather. 

"An owl came for you this morning." he said, handing Alex a letter.

αlєх mσnrσє
1635 αlmѕ ѕtrєєt
kítchєn

Alex opened the letter and read it over and over.

cσngrαtulαtíσnѕ чσu hαvє вєєn αccєptєd íntσ єldrítch ѕchσσl fσr wítchcrαft αnd wízαrdrч. tєrm wíll ѕtαrt σn αuguѕt 25th.

plєαѕє gαthєr thє rєquírєd ítєmѕ:

1 rσвє
1 drєѕѕ rσвє
1 wαnd
1 вrσσm
1 cαldrσn
1 owl

вσσkѕ:

чєαr σnє pσtíσnѕ
чєαr σnє tєlєpσrtαtíσn
чєαr σnє trαnѕfσrmαtíσn
чєαr σnє ѕpєllѕ
чєαr σnє dαrk αrtѕ αnd hσw tσ dєfєnd чσurѕєlf

10 quíllѕ
20 вσttlєѕ σf ínk

íngrєdíєntѕ:
plєαѕє hαvє α cαuldrσn full σf єαch, unlєѕѕ ínѕtructєd σthєrwíѕє

ѕαѕkmαtch
fírєхєmpt
ѕlug вlσσd
єчє σf nєwt
tαíl σf hαwk
вαt ѕplєєn
αfrícαn rєd pєppєr
αcrσmαntulα vєnσm
αѕíαn drαgσn hαír
вєєtlє єчє
вíllчwíg ѕtíng ѕlímє
вσuncíng ѕpídєr juícє
chíckєn lípѕ
crσcσdílє hєαrtѕ
dσхч vєnσm
drαgσn вlσσd
2 єαglє σwl fєαthєrѕ
єєl єчє
єхplσdíng gíngєr єчєlαѕh
flíttєrвlσσm
frσg вrαín
20 gnαt вrαínѕ
hσnєч wαtєr
lєєch juícє
lívαgє
mσσn dєw
muѕhrσσm
níghtѕhαdє
σppσpαnαх
pєαrl duѕt
ptσlєmч
ruє
ѕαlt
7 ѕlσth вrαín
thчmє
3 drσpѕ unícσrn вlσσd
4 unícσrn hαír
1 unícσrn hσrn
2 wσrmwσσd

thє trαín lєαvєѕ αt 7:30 αm σn plαtfσrm 11 1/2

Alex grinned. August 25th was two weeks away.

She showed the letter to her grandparents.

"Oh dear..." Her grandmother said.

"August 25th! They've never sent one this close to the beginning of term.

"eat quickly then up to bed. We shall wake up at the crack of dawn and go to Alliagan Street. They always have the best stuff for school. Oh, Alex pack after you eat, we want you to be ready as quick as quick as you can." Her grandmother blurted out. Alex had to listen closely to be able to understand her. Alex ate her food then rushed upstairs to her bedroom. She pulled a spare trunk from the closet by her bedroom. She pulled it into her bedroom and opened it. She coughed as dust spread every where. Spiders tried to scurry out of sight.

"Lumbracito" she muttered.

The dust disappeared and the spiders were blown out her window.

She put her wand, broom and shoes into the trunk.

After she put those in the trunk she climbed into her bed.

That night she barely slept a wink.
Her grandfather woke her up at the crack of dawn.

"Let's go get your stuff." He whispered in her ear before leaving her room.

She jumped out of her bed and changed into a pale blue dress.

Her blue eyes and brown hair always stood out when she wore this.

She slid her shoes over her feet, and ran down the stairs.

"Don't run in the house!" Her grandmother yelled as Alex ran past her.

"Yes ma'am." Alex said, running out to the car.

"Morning Alex." The neighbors called.

" Morning." She called back.

Alex waited impatiently for her grandparents to get in the car.

By the time they got to Alliagan Street it was filled with witches and wizards, babies, toddlers, kids, and teens, from all around the world.

"Wow" Alex murmured.

"Come along dear, wouldn't want you to get lost." her grandfather told her.

She nodded, respectfully.

Alex and her grandmother went for robes as her grandfather looked for the ingredients needed.

"Oh dear, what color would you like them in? There's red, yellow, green, purple, pink, brown, and black!" Her grandmother exclaimed.

"B-Black is fine" Alex replied. She secretly wished for Red, but she wasn't paying the least boy attention. Her gaze was on Matthew Martinez. Matthew's eyes always distracted her. Emerald Green eyes, so intriguing. Every girl fell for him.

"And what about your dress robes? Same color?" she asked.

Alex looked over at her grandmother. "Yes ma'am."

"Hey... Alex right?" A deep voice said.
Alex looked over to the owner of the voice. She gasped when she saw it was Matthew.

She bit her lip and nodded.

"You starting at Eldritch too?" He asked looking at the list in her arms.

She nodded.

"Cool, well I'll see you there. Hope we get into the same house." He said, walking away. 

"Me too" She mumbled. "Huh?" He asked. "Me too" She repeated louder. He smiled, and winked before returning to his father, Marcus Martinez.