Chapter 1: Emerald Chase

"This is the best thing that ever happened to me," I said in awe. I'm beside the man of my dreams watching the sunset together.

"In your thoughts." He looked at me with his electric blue eyes. I just smiled at him, not knowing what to say.

"I just wish this will never end." I cuddled myself more to him.

He just stroked my hair. "You know tou have to wake up, right?" I just closed my eyes as he kissed my forehead.

"Who are you?" I whispered, barely audible.

When I opened my eyes again, I was laying in my bed, the sunlight touching my skin.

"Another beautiful nightmare." I murmured and I got up to get ready for school.

...

"Here comes the geek."

"Nerd alert!"

"She's so ugly."

I heard them. All of them. All they said to me is what I always hear. They never got tired of bullying me. I know I am shy, I am a nerd girl who has stage fright. But what I don't understand is, there are many nerds in this school. Why not bully the others? Not only me.

"'Sup Emerald." I don't have to turn around to know that it's Stacy.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"Nothing. Heard the new changes at the music project?" She smirked at me.

"What changes?" I asked her. I didn't know about that.

"We need costumes." She said. "I know you don't have one."

I just nodded silently. I thought what we will wear is our usual clothes.

"I need to go home, then. Excuse me." I walked silently out of sight. But I guess she's quick. She grabbed my backpack and pulled me to her.

"You're not going home. Follow me and I will show you the costumes that our group prepared. You'll be late if you go home." She flipped her hair and bumped me out of the way.

There is nothing I can do. I just followed her. We took many turns and many insults to me.

"Here we are." She opened a door. It is the janitor's closet.

She heavily pushed me inside and locked the doors. "Have fun inside. I'm late to Music." I heard her.

I pounded the door harder and harder.

"Let me out!!" I repeatedly shouted. I know this is hopeless. It's already class hours. No one will walked through this hallway.

I just sat at the corner. I was ready for the performance. I thought my fear will be conquered here. But, I am ready. I know what to sing. What I wear doesn't matter in this situation.

I stood up and walked to the door. I touched the knob. I was shocked so I let go. shocked. Literally.

I toucjed the knob again. This time, I wasn't shocked. I felt heat. the knob was melting. I touched the knob with my right hand and the door at the left.

Finally, the knob is no more. I can go out. I walked fast to the Music Room. I'm don't have time to be away the Janitor's Room when I heard an explosion. It was so big the building shook.

The fire alarm rang so loud. I was frozen in shock I don't jave time to move away.

I was feeling dizzy. I couldn't move. My vission was blurring. "EMERALD!!" I heard someone shout before I drifted to unconciousness.