Prologue

I believe in science, but can no longer dismiss that magic exists either. Earth and humanity were on their last legs when I left, doom was inevitable, the propaganda and nationalism tore the world apart and caused countless wars in only the last few years, almost everyone was under the influence except the stubborn ones and even then they were forced into servitude or were just executed depending the country they resided in. Some people escaped that fate but lived in fear of secret police and the "keepers of order". I however, escaped right before the end, when the idiots in charge of the world decided they wanted to use the most genocidal weapon in existence and end the world because of some petty differences. I would after "the end of the world" leave those problems behind, of course that came with its own set of problems and they just keep increasing, but at least now I'm not alone.

The "journey" as we will call it, wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't uncomfortable either, then again traveling through well, nothingness doesn't really feel like anything, so I can't properly describe it. When I say it doesn't feel like anything I don't mean like just air. There was no heat, but it wasn't cold, and it didn't feel like air either, it can really only be described by calling it nothing.

After my "journey", which didn't actually take very long, maybe only about a minute, I arrived into darkness. I was very confused about where I was, and where I had ended up. I looked around and opposite to where I had been facing when I had arrived was a light. As the light was the only feature in this new place I began to walk towards it confused as I didn't know what had happened or where I was. I walked for a few minutes before I could start to make out basic features in my surroundings, and realized that I was in a tunnel. I also realised at this point that the light wasn't an opening but rather it was emitting from a source that was moving towards me. As the light drew closer to me and vice versa I could see the walls around me better and could see they were made of finely cut rock, but this was obviously a cave I had found myself in. There were glimmers in the stone that made up the walls, most likely minerals and ore veins that were probably cut through in the formation of this tunnel.