Chapter 1

The early rise of the sun in the eastern skies marked the start of a brand new day. Alexander Hamilton slowly fluttered his eyes open and rose from his slumber. Very carefully, he sat himself up and stretched his upper body.

Alexander threw the sheets off of his bedside and swung himself over, gently rising up to his feet. Once again, he stretched, this time letting out a big yawn. He looked at his small alarm clock and saw that it was only 5 am.

"It's so early..." he thought.

Deciding that he didn't want to laze around anymore, he walked over to the wooden dresser on the far side of his room. Alexander gently pulled open the top drawer and pulled out a pair of black socks and some boxer shorts.

After he closed the top drawer, he pulled out the one directly below it. Buttoned-down shirts of many different colors laid neatly folded inside of the drawer. Hidden underneath the buttoned-down shirts were many casual flannels. Wanting to be different, Alexander pulled out a gray flannel with silver buttons.

Laying neatly on top of his dresser, was a pair of blue jeans. Alexander took all of his clothing into the bathroom and changed. Once he had finished changing, he walked out of the bathroom and back towards his bed. Next to his bed was a pair of black converses, waiting to be put on.

Alexander put his converses on and walked back to his dresser, which had a box of ponytails underneath the area where his jeans had been. Like almost every other day, Alexander put his hair up in his usual medium ponytail. All that was left were his black glasses which sat on his nightstand. 

Carefully, Alexander put on his black glasses onto the bridge of his nose. He went to check the time again when his stomach suddenly started to growl.

"Maybe I can buy myself some breakfast at McDonald's..." he thought.

Hunger having filled him with determination, Alexander marched out of his dorm room and began to head towards the entrance to the school's parking lot.

After about two hours of eating a McDonald's breakfast, Alexander walked along the halls of the school, having many books at hand, pressed up against his chest. As he walked, he began to mutter to himself. Things like, "You should eat quicker...", "You can't be late" or "What will the teachers think of your punctuality?"

Alexander shook away the thoughts and entered his classroom half an hour early. He sat down his books at his table and put his bag down. Carefully, he took out one of his books and began to study for an upcoming test.

Meanwhile, John Laurens was roaming the school's halls with his friends Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette and Hercules Mulligan. Together, the three of them made up the stereotypical 'gang' that the teachers couldn't bother to take care of, as long as they passed their classes.

Surprisingly, John looked like a normal student. His attire consisted of a white t-shirt with a black flannel over it, frayed dark blue jeans, and a pair of red vans on his feet. John's hair was in a normal ponytail, but what gave away his bad boy persona was his piercings. Both of his ears had long, black hoops, and a silver ball was pierced onto his tongue. John was a fuckboy, and everyone knew it. Despite only having slept with girls, he was very gay.

John smirked as he threw his cigarette onto the ground and stomped it out. As he walked toward his classroom, he saw the boy who had caught his attention so long ago hurrying into the classroom. His heart sped up, yet all he did was walk into class behind him. John sat next to him because it was his assigned seat after all.

Of course, that boy was Alexander. Alexander was in a whole other world as he studied. He'd look at a page for one second, and be writing furiously for the next. The pattern repeated itself until he had ten whole sheets of notebook paper filled up with notes, in just thirty minutes. He really did write like he was running out of time.