Pilot

It was a nice day, warm with a cool breeze every few seconds, very good running weather. Everyone says to run on a cold or humid day but days like these are just enough.

I take my running shoes and a couple water bottles and get in my car. On the way to the track I notice a very familiar car following me. Oh great, Brennan.

He was driving his usual orange 2015 Dodge Challenger. It was pretty cool- way cooler than my purple 2015 Subaru.

I made my way to the parks parking lot and grabbed my stuff from the trunk. I walked down to the track and set my things down on a bench. I saw Brennan doing the same on another bench four down from me.

I took my phone and plugged my ear buds into my ears. I pressed shuffle on my Fallout Boy and Panic at the Disco playlist. I started with a slow jog. After a few laps I stopped and took a break. I looked around for Brennan- he was running really fast around the track.

Wow, he doesn't know the first thing on running.(And girl you don't know the first thing about showing off😉)

I got up after my break and started on the track again. I went slightly faster than the last few laps as Brennan slowed down a little.

My favorite song- "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies" by P!AD came on. While I was humming, I sensed someone behind me. I looked back and Brennan was catching up to me. He was looking at me as if he wanted me to slow down-in a friendly way- to talk.

I slowed down and looked at him. He stopped. "Max, I love you"

And then I woke up to someone screaming my name.