Chapter I "Dead Space"

Date: January first 2135

I live amongst many humans,2000 to be precise. Most of them are scientists of the up most degree. They live for research and only care for themselves. Others like me are only here to live and try to find hope on another habitable planet where life can be free of pollution and desolation. I work on the vessel as a space general and commander of the fleets personal army. Most of my men are trained at hard combat with automatics "Mark VI". Others like the special force are trained to control giant assault robots we call minotaurs who are equipped with heavy gunnery and rocket launchers. The robotic constructions are kept in a hangar at the fare end of the ship where most of the flying fleet keep there mini spacecraft "W Wings". I usually hang out in the living quarters, on top of the ship, where my dorm is. The crew have their own living quarters away from the ships peasants but I chose to live amongst them for personal reasons. I had my eye on a certain woman named Izaela Fogstorn. All the people on the vessel originated from earth and no baby was ever born on this ship yet. Bright green, from the computer's display screen, and a greyish black, from the walls, surrounded me. I was plunged in my own thoughts until Cerberus intruded my room.

'Hi, have you heard the news?' He says after opening my rooms automatic door without permission.Shit... I totally forgot to activate the lock mode.
'No clue about it, what is it?' I said without thinking of the consequences it would have on my already perfectly good going day.
'The old man on Dock5's living quarters was just announced dead after he was taken ill by some kinda space cold' Cerberus was younger then me when he escaped earth on the spaceship, a child. I was only 16 and now 21 years of age. I saw Cerberus as a friend, a close friend with some extent.
'Shit, you knew that man didn't you?' I said expecting some response.
'No not really, people say he was the kind to stay in his room all day. Some peeps even say he stared into the stars and talked to them'
I had no interest in learning more about this.
'Well that's sad. I have to continue work now. I'll see you later when the food is served' I already knew that I wouldn't eat supper today.
'Ok see you soon bud'
I rethought about are quick conversation and his mention of the "space cold" just creeped me out.The only sickness the colony would get is a common cough from the ship's cold breezes at night. I decided to head out and investigate this matter with no real attempt to get answers. But as I left my work undone and locked my room's door ,a man came to me running,screaming my name.
'Garette! Garette! You have to come see' He said in what I thought was his last breath.
'What's wrong?'
'You're friend's mother was found dead by her own son!'
'Cerberus Champagne?' I asked with attempt to not uncover what had already happened.
'Yeah, she was found near her bed and her body was apparently as hot as a overheating mini gun!'
The man who came to me was called "Jerrold" but we all knew his true name was spelled "Gerold".
'Where is Cerb right now?' I asked him.
'At the hospital crying your name.'
'I'll be there as fast as I can' Cerberus had no real family left appart from his mother and his friend, on this ship.Running down the hall to the elevator I encounter an old man crumbling on the floor. His mouth covered in some thick white moss and his skin as red as a tomato. The old guy was burning inside and so I came to help but his conscious had already faded away. I called upon Jerrold and so he came for his rescue. I had no time to waste! The elevator opens and so I get inside. In 5 seconds I get to the lower floor "where the medics where" and rushed to the woman at the front desk.
'Miss can you tell me where Cerberus Champagne is?' I had no authorization but I couldn't give one more shit.
'In room56 sir' She was actually nice enough to give me the room's number!
I take a ruff turn on my right and rush to the room. Tears could be heard from up close and so I slowed down. My friend was on his knees crying for his now presumed dead mother laying on a hospital bed.

'Cerb, im sorry, I couldn't get here earlier'
'It's ok' He said with a grunted tone that I've never heard before. He was truly broken by this event.
And then over 5 docs came rushing in the room pushing me and my friend outside the room. We both looked at each other clearly asking are selfs the same question. I hooked him in my arm and asked him to go to his dorm until he felt adequate to talk again. I would go see him either way tomorrow.I plunged my hands into my jean's pockets and sighed and took time to noticed a medical clip board attached on the right side of the room56's door.
"Meniolosis Incognito. Was written on top.
-Symptoms: boiling sensation inside of head and high temperature.
-Contraction: UNKNOWN.
-Contagious: UNKNOWN.
-Disease's name: Dead Space.