⛧ ᵖʲᵐ | lollipop

▌a jimin fic.

the lollipops in his locker were but a wasted effort.

▌words: 1.4k

▌content warning: death, natural disaster

▌note: for those of u that actually kept this book in their library or reading lists, i'm sorry i put this book under 'rewriting' for like 2 years and barely did anything lol. i hope whoever reads this enjoys<3 (or not, it's supposed to be an angst after all) p.s. i literally forgot how to write after all this time pls b nice

☆゚.*・。゚

"hey," jimin greets his friend, jungkook, as he plops down on his seat.

their conversation goes on, varying from topics about implausible rumors they had heard to difficult questions on the test they had.

"have you heard? who the school thinks you like?" jungkook inquires, munching on his meal.

jimin raises a brow, "who do they think it is? it's (name). simple." the corner of his mouth raises.

jungkook gives him a disinterested look, taking a sip of his banana milk. "tell the whole school that. it's the only boring drama i've been hearing about these past weeks! your admirers act like they didn't see all the lollipops you left in (name)'s locker.

"well, i only used to do that before i met my ex. i don't blame them, it's been a while."

"such a waste," jungkook huffs, "you could've been dating by now if you didn't decide to get a rebound the day they confessed to you."

to this, he squints.

jimin remembers the day you confessed to him. he remembers how he liked you and left lollipops in your locker to show it. he'd do that everyday until he realized he wanted to move on.

it was one of his biggest regrets.

perhaps if he had waited a little longer, the two of you would be more than schoolmates by this point. but alas, the day you confessed was the day he chose his now ex over you.

that day, he decided he was over the lollipop-giving. he decided to finally accept someone's confession in hopes of moving on, and when he did, you were just hours late with your confession and ended up getting rejected.

he ended up dating his now ex for a few months and by the end of it, he assumed you had moved on from him and gave up.

jimin sighs. he finishes up his meal and stands up. with his bag slung on his shoulder, he turns to his friend. "come on, let's go."

park jimin, a student known by many.

you weren't particularly close with him. initially, he was just another schoolmate didn't know personally. yet, one specific thing you remembered was his lollipops. the sweet, sugary candy on a stick wrapped in plastic that he'd leave in your locker daily.

these lollipops were your only connection to him. otherwise, he had never spoken to you and you had never spoken to him. despite this, you had always appreciated the lollipops and whenever you saw one, it would remind you of him.

opening your locker to see the lollipop was always a good start to your day and even a fix to any of your bad days. the lollipops started off as anonymous gifts, but over time you had noticed jimin repeatedly placing the lollipop himself and no longer hiding his identity.

after this, you'd pay more attention to jimin. whether it was seeing him in the court playing with his friends or throwing his head back in laughter at lunch, you'd notice his presence whenever he was nearby.