Rhoe and Katarina

For a bit of background: Katarina and Rhoe are boyfriend and girlfriend. They've been together for around a year at this point in their story. Rhoe (Rhoe D. Zebiniar) is a demon and currently 573. His job is a mercenary for hire, as well as an assassin. Kat (Katarina Ravenwing) is a young woman, standing at the age of 22. She is human with fairy heritage, allowing her to have power over plants. It makes her a great healer.

Katarina is portrayed by my dear friend, Meme (it's what I call her). Rhoe is portrayed by myself, Fae.

This story takes place in modern times, starting at their home near the forest:

A young looking male lay in his bed, dark brown hair spread out behind and underneath him. In his arms, a young woman with black hair, fair skin soft under his fingers.

The man had been out late, working. He'd gotten home, exhausted, clothing riddled with burn holes and blood splattered on his face. Anyone that didn't know him would have thought he'd probably gotten into a bar fight. But... The woman in his arms had known better.

She'd rushed to him when he had rushed into the house, scolding him. But... Not for the reason one would think. She yelled at him for being late for dinner, and trailing blood into the house. The man merely chuckled at her and apologized.

The woman had laughed lightly and helped him up the stairs to their room. He'd then promptly collapsed onto the bed after shucking off his boots and jacket. Not long after, the woman had snuggled into the bed with him, muttering two simple words and falling asleep. Now... They both lay in bed, the male still soundly asleep, arms tightly wrapped around his small girlfriend.

-------

To be honest, Kat had gotten so used to Rhoe entering the house with all kinds of wounds and damage that she stopped asking how he got them and became more concerned with the fact that he kept trailing blood and dirt in his house, especially after she had just mopped it...Well, considering Rhoe's line of...work...it was to be expected.

But tonight, Rhoe looked like hell. Even more than usual...typically he'd walk in and crack a few jokes as she patched the many wounds he had received while out, but she had trouble just propping him up. The huge scrapes and abrasions on his body didn't help, either...

When Katarina had finally patched him up, Rhoe collapsed onto their bed, practically falling asleep on the spot. Kat let out a small sigh of relief. He may look like hell, but at least he was able to go home tonight. That in of itself was a blessing. Satisfied with that thought, Katarina cleaned up the bloody gauze and medical supplies, changed into her nightgown, and crawled into bed with her boyfriend, curling up in his arms.

Kat didn't wake up again until a few hours, green eyes opening to see Rhoe still asleep next to her. Save for the occasional holding her tighter and rise and fall of his chest, the man didn't stir. Katarina smiled sleepily, gently kissing his forehead before going back to dozing----

A knock at the front door suddenly snapped Katarina out of her half asleep state. She perked up, looking at the digital clock.

It was 3:30 am...

Who the hell could be here at 3:30 am...?

Kat looked at Rhoe. He didn't even move, despite the clear knock at the door. He must be really tired...Maybe it was just a neighbor...Kat squirmed out of Rhoe's arms carefully, heading towards the door. She rubbed her eyes as her fingers wrapped around the doorknob, twisting it open---

Katarina didn't even get a chance to say, "hello", before a cloth was pressed to her mouth, causing the world to suddenly go black.

-------