Mixed Feelings

It started as just an ordinary day. I woke up in my room to hear the rain outside of my house in LA. I was thinking about the day my best friend Wyatt moved next door to me when I was 7. This made me miss him so I decided to call him, keeping note that he never responds to text messages. He answered. "Hey Wyatt I'm bored want to come over?" "Okay I'm coming." We hung up and a few minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I got up out of my bed to let him in and then we walked up to my room. "I brought a Wii game," Wyatt said exitedly, "want to play?" "Of course you did," I replied laughing. "What game did you bring?" He handed me a disc. "Mario Kart. I bet you can't beat me." Wyatt said. "Oh is that a fact? Lets bet on it!" "Okay let's play." I had been sitting on my bed and he came and sat next to me. We played star cup and he beat me on all of the rounds. "I told you I was going to beat you." He said while he playfully punched my arm. I fake laughed but didn't respond and looked down at my feet, I guess he could tell I was upset because he looked concerned. "Hey Y/N, you okay? Even though I beat you I think you are good at this game, most people don't stand a chance against-" "It's not about the game," I interrupted. "I just don't want you to leave me this summer.." He put his arm around me. "We have the rest of the school year to hang out, let's worry later." I looked at his eyes and he looked back into mine. I felt something I have never felt before, it felt like I could develop feelings for Wyatt. We both quickly turned around, blushing. Then Wyatt told me he had to leave and left. We carried on with our lives, seeing each other commonly. Things were normal again so I pushed that feeling of crushing on Wyatt out of my mind. I couldn't help but wonder if he felt the same way in that moment as I did. Again, I pushed the thought away.