Captivated

The guard takes me into the facility and tells me to sit in the waiting area, I'm happy to oblige since I see a beautiful girl sitting where I'm about to wait. She has long tangled hair, but what stands out the most is her eyes, a blue-green hazel color. She shivers in her outfit made for summer, I give her my coat.

I sit down next to her and find out that she's fourteen and is here for the same reason as me.

She looks away.

I scoot closer and wait for her to look at me again.

...

I'll never understand what I did here, love makes us me do crazy things. Honestly, I regret it, I do. But, at the same time, I don't regret anything. 'Whatever happens, happens' is a bunch of bullsh*t, I am the creator of my own destiny.

I'll never forget that.

Maybe that's why I did it, I wanted to be in charge of my life, why I traded my life in for a life in prison or whatever the hell this place is.

No matter why, though, I'm stuck here.

So I might as well make the most of it.

...

She boasts a necklace that at first I assumed was cheap plastic, judging by her clothes, then I look closer and the 'fake' gold gleams. I gasp, how could she afford real gold.

I don't mean to be mean but look at her...

Her hair is greasy, and tangled, under her eyes are purple bags, and she is covered in grime.

I want to feel disgusted, but I also feel shameful.

I have the perfect life, while she is reduced to rags.

Correction, I had the perfect life.