[One] September

Pip taps his pencil lightly on the desk with his usual smile while staring at the front of the room with attentive eyes as Mr. Garrison takes attendance.

Mr. Garrison stands up from his computer and walked up to the chalkboard where a new kid was standing.

The new kid had blood like red colored eyes and raven black hair. He had pale skin and pointy ears.

The class awaited the introduction of the new student, since no one new really ever came.

"Okay, quiet down class." Garrison pauses for a few moments waiting for the class to fall silent.

"This is Damien Thorn, he moves schools often and it's difficult being the new kid so make him feel welcome here." Garrison says while scanning over the classroom for a place that he could sit.

"Okay you can sit next to Pip, the only spaces without people there so shouldn't be hard to find." Garrison says as he starts the lesson for the day. Pip smiles and waves to Damien.

Damien sits to the left of Pip. "So you're Pip" Damien says. Pip nods and stares at the front of the class to pay attention to the lesson.

Pip and Damien only shared homeroom with each other, but had the same lunch, so after period three which was when Pip had lunch, he sits alone at his usual table without lunch, with his head buried in his crossed arms.

"Can I sit here?" He hears a familiar voice say.

Pip looks up and sees the demon standing there.

Pip just stares for a few moments in disbelief. "Are you going to answer me?" Damien asks.

"Uh, sure, but don't you have other friends by now?" Pip answers finally remembering to smile.

Damien sits across from Pip then sighs. "No everyone thinks I'm weird. They don't like me, I don't really care."

"Oh... I thought everyone would always only hate me." Pip says.

Damien tilts his head. "... How long have you been bullied?" He asks.

"Since I moved here from England, it's just kind of something I've accepted really. Even in England my sister abused me and my parents died." Pip says quite cheerfully.

"I kind of got an English gentleman vibe from you." Damien says, brushing off the rest of what Pip said.

"How was your last school, Damien?" Pip asks.

"I didn't have any friends, they found my powers weird. People were scared of me. It's the same everywhere. No one will accept the son of Satan but I don't mind." He responds

"You're the son of Satan?" Pip asks.

"... Yeah, I am." Damien says, taking a bite out of the food he had brought to the table.

"You must have a hard time then..." Pip states.

"I can't really complain. Hey, wanna make a deal with me?" Damien smirks.

"Um, what is the deal if I may ask." Pip tilts his head slightly.

"If you could promise to be my friend, I'll protect you from bullies, I know you're bullied, people have been talking about things they'd do to you." Damien says.

"Oh... really? Th-thank you." The blonde brit stutters.

"So you gonna take the deal?" Damien asks.

"Y-Yes." Pip stutters again.

"Okay. Shake on it?" Damien smiles as he reaches across the table.

Pip takes his hand and shakes it. He feels a small spark as he shakes Damien's hand.

"Okay, there it's a deal now." Damien pulls his hand away, back to his side. "Don't break the deal, or there'll be consequences." Damien smirks again.

"Oh, Right-o." Pip says with his usual smile.

"I'll know if you do... even if you feel like we're not friends anymore I'll know, so take this seriously." Damien finishes his food after that statement.

Pip nods, looking around the cafeteria, everyone at the other tables seemed to care that Pip was sitting with someone else.

Pip sighs and lays his head down again.

The rest of the day flies by, so does the rest of the month. The deal between Pip and Damien seems to work out. Pip provided Damien someone to hang out with while Damien provided protection for Pip. Pip seemed to enjoy the arrangement the two had, he even began to eat again, he was genuinely happy.