*6*

>xNo One's P.O.V, Presentx<

"Oh please, don't bother with me. I'm just your average crippled army veteran with guilty conscience."

"You're not useless, Tord. Stop creating similar sentences to say that." Matt huffs impatiently while he takes off Tord's blood-soaked, gross looking bandages. He has Tord practically held hostage in a chair, trying to keep the man from doing anything unruly. 

"I failed you all," Tord croaked, his eyes incapable of tearing up at the moment, "you have no right to forgive me, and you knew all along!" He put his hand over his good eye and groaned as he went over his mistakes.

Matt didn't respond immediately, he had his hands- or mouth full as he ripped off a length of fresh bandages, setting the rest of the roll on the floor, since he couldn't quite reach the table, sitting on the floor and all. He began to wrap the around Tord's stub of an arm slowly. 

"Hey, it's okay, Tord. You have already been punished for what you did." He comforted the other softly. "Please don't torture yourself anymore." He added, looking up at Tord, who had his head in his knees, face covered. 

The dim room was swept in a wave of pure silence, Tord not moving in the slightest while Matt kept bandaging, sympathy taking its own wave over him as he looked down at his work. 

"Please..."

Matt's gaze instantly flickered back up to Tord, tying the bandage indicating he was finished. 

"What a demanding word."

Tord lifted his head slowly, a few bloody tears coming from both eyes once again, as if his feelings had come back to life. Tord could remember the first time he felt this way at the asylum, a couple nights after he met... Tom. In that brief moment, Tord felt choked up on the thoughts, remembering their mental conversation.

"Fate is a dirty lie, our companion." Tord had muttered so softly, Tom could barely have heard.

After acquiring the execution information, Tord had sighed oddly.  

"Thus is fate." He agreed, sealing his future as far as his now experienced eye could see.

"You said fate was a lie." Tom responded icily, not understanding.

"Maybe it is the truth."

He remembered the time Tom tried his hardest to save him from the asylum execution... Tom had said something that had sparked a flame of hope in him since that day... 

Tom had his hand grasping Tord's shoulder tightly, protectively. His other fist was clenched at his side. Tord tensed in fear of the argument drenching the room with venom between the two employees. The doctor ahead of them plotted to murder the Norwegian because she didn't believe he had changed.

Tom's voice was resolute as he spoke, but also held the strongest heart in it. "That's the point, Doctor! He needs to be out of  this asylum, since he's too old to be here! Let him have a real life! Let him live like a normal person, get all the respect he deserves, have friends, live happily, and never have to worry about you wretched doctors anymore! You're the ones corrupting him!" He cried, a few tears falling down his cheeks. Tord knew he really cared. He felt something he had never felt before, as long as he could remember at least, and that new feeling was to fight for his cause... to fight for what he wanted. 

Tord was warped back to reality, tears already dried and gone, and Matt had a concerned expression as he had just finished bandaging Tord's eye wound. Tord shook his head to clear my upcoming doubt, jumping off the chair, startling the ginger. It seemed his mind was set, but on what,