i.

All my life I thought you were dead, but when I saw you, I immediately wondered, 'Has my life been wasted worrying about you?'

I was blinded by dismay when my eyes met you. I didn't know if I should kill you or slap you not only because you left me, but I had to live without a father figure. How can you say you love me from that?

—————

T'Challa sat in his bedroom, looking through images found in his chest. The pictures of his sweet baby girl who he had left behind.

Who is an outsider to Wakanda.

He wishes to go see her, but his duties stood in the way of his life. A knock was sounded and T'Challa quickly placed the photos back in the chest.

"Your Highness? The meeting starts in 4 hours.You need to get you changed."

"Agreed, Nakia."

Nakia smiled at her lover and pecked his lips before she walked out of the room. T'Challa chuckled softly, being thankful that he met such a beautiful and kind person like Nakia.

::Brother.::

T'Challa looked behind him to see his sister contacting through holographic projection. He smiled before greeting her.

"Hello, Shuri."

::I got an upgrade for you. You might want to come down here and check it out.::

"I will be down in a moment."

The call ended and T'Challa immediately began to change.

———————

"You see him yet, Mickey?"

"No. You know he's always late, Clint."

"I thought Captain America is always early or on time."

"Not on this one, Kor'i."

As if on cue, a porshe approached Mali'Ka's Orlando home and she smiled when she saw Steve Rogers step out.

"Steve."

"Mali'Ka."

Mali'Ka tried to keep a straight face but only grew a grin as did Steve and Mali'Ka ran up to him and hugged him.

"It's good to see you, Steve."

"Glad to be here, your 'majesty'."

"Please, Steve. I'm far from royalty."

Steve laughed before they fistbumped.

"Hi, Steve!"

"Hey, Kor'i! Man, I remember when you were only 2 years old. That was, what, 5 years ago."

"I'm 9 years old, Steve. I don't look that young."

Steve and Mali'Ka laughed before Clint approached them from behind and it ultimately got serious.

"Steve, I can't believe you got me into this mess. I really should be with my family."

"I know, Clint. If you want to back down, go ahead."

Clint looked at Steve before he looked at Kor'i then at Mali'Ka. She looked down, knowing it would upset her but it is his choice.

Clint sighed before he spoke warily.

"I'll stay. But after that you two owe me."

Mali'Ka smiled and hugged Clint. Just then, Mali'Ka remembered the meeting and gasped.

"Steve! The meeting in Vienna starts in 4 hours! We need to go!"

Steve nodded before he told the two to get in.

———————

"Prince T'Challa?"

T'Challa turned around and looked behind him to see a girl about 8 years old standing in front of him.

"Hello? How can I help you?"

The girl smiled up at T'Challa before she pulled down her bottom lip. T'Challa saw vibranium markings on the inside of her lip.

"You are a Wakandan?"

The girl nodded before she showed the Ring of the Fallen King. He gasped softly as he saw it and looked at her carefully.

"Where did you get this?"

"I found it. It was in Oakland, California in America. I came here to retrieve it to you."

The girl took it off and handed it to him. T'Challa hesitated before he took it.

"Thank you..."

"Kor'i. My name is Kor'i."

"Thank you, Kor'i."

"Kor'i! Come on! The meeting is starting!"

Kor'i waved the Prince goodbye before she ran off to her older sibling.

"Kor'i, didn't I tell you not to talk to strangers?"

"Sorry, Mali'Ka. I just wanted to meet the Prince of Wakanda."

T'Challa stopped in his tracks as he heard the name that he wished he didn't hear.

He slowly turned around as he met face to face with the shocked and petrified 15 year old.

"I can't believe it."

He sighed. Mali'Ka had tears rising to the surface of her eyes as she muttered the very words she wanted to use for so long.

"Daddy?"