philophobia

— for those afraid of falling in love.  

  Because at the end of the day, he's scared of the growing and threatening feelings he has for you.  And maybe admiring you from afar is good enough for me.

He didn't plan on things to happen this way. You were the reason why he was up all night, the reason for his dark circles and eye bags, the reason why he'd always snap at you whenever you'd tease him saying you look like death, the reason why he's just—just scared.

After knowing you for a good four years through Hoseok, it was safe to say that you were both simply enemies, no—frenemies. But he didn't expect you to be in his life every single day for four painful years. And somewhere during those four painful years, he started to see you in a different light.

And that's why he was scared, no—terrified.

"Yoongi-ah, are you bringing a date to Seokjin's wedding?"

He snaps out of his thoughts and glances towards Hoseok who's just woken up from a nap. Hoseok is rubbing the sleepiness off of his eyes before glancing at Yoongi, who's still staring up at the ceiling.

"Did you even hear me?"

"Yeah, I did." Yoongi replies. "Do you want me to bring a date? I wasn't planning on bringing one."

"It's your choice," he shrugs his shoulders. "It wouldn't matter. I just don't want you to feel lonely since the guys and I have dates."

"Who are you bringing? (Y/N)?"

Hoseok glances at his best friend who's gaze is still fixated at the ceiling. He smirks, rolling his eyes at him. "Why? Would it matter to you?"

"No, what are you talking about? Holy shit, Hoseok, she'd be the last person I'd bring—" Yoongi sits up from his bed and starts to shuffle around the room.

"Okay, okay, chill." Hoseok chuckles. "I was just wondering."

"Well, stop wondering about things that will never be true." He mutters.

"Just like how you wonder about how it would be like if you and (Y/N) dated?"

"Shut the fuck up, I'm going to the studio to finish up some work—"

"Have fun!" Hoseok grins and Yoongi exits the room with the slam of a door.

Yoongi's at the door, putting on his shoes while cursing to himself. He continues to mutter strands and strands of curses until he grabs his keys from the table. Once he's out the door, he stops in his tracks and realizes one thing.

He's so whipped for you.

"I can't believe I'm going to fucking ask her to be my date to the wedding."

"And so, you're asking me to go with you... to Seokjin's wedding?"

Yoongi sighs, he can hear you smiling on the other line. He wishes he could wipe the smirk off your face but at the same time, he wishes he could just man up and make a fucking move. And it brings us to this situation.

"Yeah, you know what? Forget that I asked—"

"I mean, you do know that I was also invited, therefore, I'm supposed to go."

"But that's not the fucking point—"

"Okay, okay, chill." You calm him down and you let out a giggle. "We're mutual friends of Hoseok and Seokjin, did you think the chances of us seeing each other at the wedding to be low?"