Shingeki no Kyojin. Alone.

In three days the Survey Corps will be sent out on their most dangerous mission yet. The female Titan may have been taken down but we've barely scratched the surface of what Titans are. We barely gained anything from Annie and we are unable to call that operation a success.

The answer lies in the basement of one of our own. The secret of the Titans. It was once within our grasp. Humanities triumph all comes down to the key Eren Jaeger wears around his neck. If we can get to the basement we have a fighting chance of surviving our sudden downfall.

Too many have already lost their lives. Too many have watched their friends and family be devoured before their own eyes. And too many are destined to lose their lives on this upcoming expedition.

"Heichou?" I turned at the sound of Jaegers voice.

"What do you want, brat?" My tone cold as usual.

"You've been standing there in the same spot with a broom for the last twenty minutes. Please... What's bothering you?" He had that irritatingly determined look in his eyes, meaning he wasn't leaving without an answer.

"You're not going to let me walk away from that question, are you?" I could already predict his answer.

"Nope." He replied with a small smirk, but I could still detect the concern in his eyes.

I sighed. I shouldn't hide it, at least not from my own squad. It's only Eren so it can't do any harm. After all. It's only human to be scared.

"We've lost too many soldiers already. We've lost good, honest men and it lead to nothing. We're heading into battle with heavy hearts. Many have already lost the will to live after witnessing Annie take out our friends. One by one we watched them be crushed, ripped apart and eaten. Then we were forced to abandon the bodies of those who gave their strength for our survival. We are losing this war. And I'm losing hope." I stared down at the floor and bluntly explained. My expression remained unchanging.

"Levi....I expected more resistance before you told me. That aside... I believe we will win this war. We have to win this war. If we don't all those lives lost will be in vain. Besides what else can we do? Cower inside the walls and wait for the titans to come and eat us all? No. I won't allow that. I vowed to destroy every single titan and I will follow that through even if it's the last thing I do.

If we win, we live. If we lose, we die. If we don't fight, we can't win." He placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and picked up my broom.

"You are relieved of your cleaning duties today. Go rest up before tomorrow's tactic session."

He smiled brightly, green eyes full of pure emotion as he walked away.

"Oh and Eren..." I began.

"Hmm...?" He turned a little.

"...Thank you." I allowed myself to say.

"I don't need a thanks, sir. Just.....don't die out there. Please." He smiled.

"You too. Brat." I went back to sweeping the floor as he walked back to the dark cellar.

I guess some things in this world are still worth fighting for.

________________

A/N YES HELLO.

I know a lot of you are waiting for updates for my other stories but I had an idea for this and I just had to write it. I hope you guys will enjoy this anyway. Sorry it's a little short. I've re written it three times as it kept deleting itself. (Thanks wattpad -.-)

But I should be updating more frequently now. So I'll see you in the next chapter.

Baiihaiii :3