Chapter 1

.: Atlie POV :.

I've just finished my last piece of research for my class in geography, I needed to look at rare animals that are close to our community, as our whole town is surrounded by water, alot of water - related animals surround us,for the most part, the one that interested me the most is called the Leviamorphia, but thats a different story.

Leviamorphia is like a mermiad type animal where it is half human, half leviathan/fish, they do have sharp teeth but none have been recorded or spotted, yet. There's this rumor going around about if you see one you'd actually be awarded $10k! So that means, the more people that find out, the more people that crowd around beaches, docks, etc.

So anyway, after I had finished my work, Uni and Cory asked me if I wanted to go walk along the shore line of the beach with them , seen as though every Monday, no one goes there because of work or school, today we had a free day away from school, so win win. Honestly I could shake the feeling that someone was watching us. Every time I looked around for that person, but no one was there. I turned around once more, no one. As we walked further on Cory spotted someone half way in the water leaving the rest of their body out of it, their were knocked out. "Do you think they're okay?!" Uni started panicking as we ran up to them, they had cuts, bruises and a large bloody, metal ring on a pole around his neck. We all started to panic but as we pulled him out of the water, we just froze. This was not how I planned my day to be like. I wrapped the bottom half of him up with a towel I bought with me in case we got wet, and I took him back to my apartment. "Ashlie, you look like you know what you're doing, what happened and what is he?" I turned to Cory as I ran both the cold and hot tap in my bath tub as fast as possible. "well Cory, have you ever studied the leviamorphia?" Cory gave me a dumbfounded expression "you know?!?! half human half fish legend?!" Cory looked like he was talking to a cactus an he didn't understand what it was saying. "just go look at my computer and look for the leviamorphia page..." and so he finally left. Once the tub finished filling up with water, I slowly set the leviamorphia inside it, while it was still knocked out, I patched him up and I wondered how much he looks like Cory. "looks like I'm gonna have to call in sick tomorrow..."