Chapter Twelve

▬

They may not have been any good at flirting but Simon and Chance were still adamant on helping Ginny. She was a girl on her mission so really it was the only thing to do. After all the setbacks, the most recent one still having left her shaken, she seemed to be on somewhat of an upward swing as an announcement appeared in the corridor to tell all the students the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs were arriving. They were probably better than Hogwarts students ... none of them knew about her bloody awful past yet.

The next few days were spent with the boys in the library doing a mixture of homework, bizarre challenges and research using Demelza's collection of Witch Weekly's. Ginny had initially been unwilling to accept the donation but Chance convinced her it would be helpful and she was forced to admit they were. By the time the day came around, Ginny felt somewhat prepared to attract the new students who would be with them for a year.

Lessons finished early which really was brilliant for ... everyone - even Hermione seemed excited. Simon chose to ignore the House boundaries as usual, somehow managing to find a way into the Gryffindor girl's dorms which was a very impressive feat.

"Simon, you know the moment of you step onto the stairs they'll turn into a slide," Ginny giggled as she and Simon sat on her bed. He didn't reply for a few moments, mainly because he was quizzically examining a guide on hairstyles from one of the magazines.

Simon merely smiled, "Foolish of you to assume I use the stairs to get in."

"How did you get in?" Ginny asked as Simon tentatively held a strand of her hair before consulting the magazine again.

"A true House Neutral has their ways."

She laughed, "That's not really a thing, Si, you're wearing Ravenclaw uniform!"

"Yes but I don't feel I'm only a Ravenclaw. I want to be part of all the houses so I found a way to do just that ... now can you stop moving so much! If this braid turns out wrong, it will be down to you moving, not my skills, I can assure you that."

It was hard not to laugh, he sounded so serious so she pressed her lips together to muffle it, "Sorry."

There was something oddly nice about getting her hair braided, she hadn't done anything with it in about ten years or so now. Her Mum used to do bunches and topknots but her brothers would laugh at her as Molly tugged and pulled which made her distinctly irritated. The final straw had been a five-year-old Ron calling her a 'girl' which had made her never want to get her hair done ever again. Even if she was a girl, the tone in which he'd said it had been distinctly insulting so since then, Ginny only ever wore her hair down, brushing it if anything.