Chapter 2

I stood on the opposite side of Fawn's room, arguing once again with her about what had happened two nights ago.
"How could you have been so eager to spread your legs to that greedy, self-centered piece of shit? How could you enjoy that, when you claimed to at first not want any part of what he was planning to do?" I say, pacing the floor.
"Because, I hadn't realized it would feel so good, Daddy. You are being unfair. I would have experienced sex sooner or later," Fawn said, rolling her eyes.
"Yes. But, not with someone the likes of him. You should have known better," I say, glancing towards her hamper. On the floor was the ice blue dress her mother had given her.

Nostrils flaring, I cross the room swiftly, snatching up the abomination of fabric.
"You did not wear this trashy thing that night, did you?" I ask, my eyes blazing.
"So what if I did? I wanted to look good," she says, gazing back at me.
"So what? So what?! You basically labled yourself as eye candy to everyone at that party. You basically had the words "Fuck me" tattooed all over your body!" I say, ripping the dress apart from the seams.
"Daddy, don't. You know that was one of the last things I had of my mother's!" Fawn yelled, trying to tear the dress from my grip.
"One of the sluttier things, you mean. Why oh why, did you have to follow in her footsteps? Why couldn't you just be a good daughter and follow the rules?" I say, pushing her back.
"Mom only did that, because of the way you acted. You are selfish, Daddy. You are Selfish, and mean, and only care about yourself. I've grown up. I have a life!" Fawn says.

In the next instant, without hesitation, I let the shadows within me, slip from my fingers, the wraiths of death slithering their way towards Fawn, towering above her, their glowing red eyes burning like coals.
"I taught you better than this. I'm not selfish. You are. By wanting every man you see. You are greedy for a life you no longer live. You have failed me. Not just as my daughter. But, as a vampire in my kingdom. You have disobeyed me more than once. And now, you must die. Take her away!" I say, as the wraiths wrap themselves around Fawn, glowing with the fiery cinders, before glowing like flames, thick flames, consuming her body. Her screaming, writhing body.

Back in my office, I throw the dress into the fireplace, burning the retched thing to a crisp. I never wanted to see that dress again. In fact, I didn't want any reminders of Cassandra in this house.
"Cecilia, grab everything you can find that belonged to Cassandra, and bring them to me," I say into the speaker.
"Yes, Sir. But, may I ask why?" She asked.
"Stop prying and just do it. Now!" I say, releasing the button.
"Yes, Sir. I'll get right on it," she said, before the speaker when silent again.

Collapsing into my chair, I clasp my head in my hands.
"Damn you, Cassandra. Why did you have to whore around like you did? And why, why did you have to do it in front of our daughter?" I say, rising to my feet and flinging the first object I came into contact with across the room.
"You bitch! Because of you, I no longer have a daughter! You made me do that to her!" I shout, throwing a vase, that had once been my favorite across the room.
"Sir, calm down. You need to calm down," Cecilia said, having come in without me hearing her.
"Burn it. Burn it all. I need some air," I say, turning for the door, without any further explanation.
I didn't know where I was going. And honestly, I didn't care. I just needed to get away. Far away from that retched place I ran and called home.