Spotlight (manxman)

Alright guys! First chapter! I'm really, really excited about this story. I've always thought PR crisis managers had the coolest jobs! I'm also a little worried that some people who didn't grow up in my same environment won't know what a PR crisis manager is, so here the definition: PR crisis manager- A person (can be a lawyer) who's has a business where the clients (lot's of times famous people) call or come in when they've done something bad or the media makes it seem like something bad's been done, and the PR manager releases interviews and pictures and other things to get the client back in the good spotlight. It's a lot like that show "Scandal."

I probably won't be posting too many author's notes besides some small 'Thanks for reading"'s or extra information at the end of my chapters, just BTW.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1- Mistaken

Andy

I slunk into my puffy chair across from my large desk and sighed. It was getting to be the last hour of the work day, and unfortunately the time when I get the most calls and appointment requests.

"Mr. Coleman," one of my secretaries called from the intercom, "Tom Cruise is here." 

I shook my head frustradedly. Some of the my star clients thought they were big enough to just waltz    in and expect me to jump on their tasks. Most don't even realize I do a better job when they call and make an appointment- like they're supposed to. "Ms. Steele," I said, mocking her "seductive" voice, "He doesn't have an appointment."

"I know, Mr. Coleman, I know, but he kinda rushed in and tried to open your door. Security had to pull him away. What should I do?"

"It depends on his problem. What is it this month?"

"It seems that a few magazines caught multiple pictures of him partaking in affairs with 7 different women and are now making more allegations. His wife is also filing for divorce."

I quickly looked over the large desk calendar with each little square almost completely filled and sighed. "Tell him Thursday, 4:00 AM, and don't let me hear him say no. He wasted some of my crucial minutes, he can clear his schedule."

"He says he has filming, sir." I rolled my eyes and suddenly felt like banging my head on the desk. 

"Do I sound like I give a shit? Does he want me to save his reputation and marriage or not?"

After of few minutes of silence I got a quiet reply. "He'll be there, sir." I shool my head at his stubbornness. Tom had always been a feisty one. 

This time, a different secratarry came over the intercom, "Mr. Coleman, your 5:30 is here."

Too bored to search my calender, I replied flatly, "Who is it and why?"

"Gaga. Seems to be a sex tape scandal. You want the team?"

"Of course I want the team. No man can handle Gaga alone. Send them into the conference room and send Gaga too, without her manager this time, Ms. Williams."

"Yes, Mr. Coleman." She said sheepishly and I walked directly into the conference room from a door behind my desk. 

My team of miracle workers sat in chairs placed equidistant from eachother around a semi-circle table. They can be considered miracle workers only of course, with me as the mastermind. They might all have their own individual skill, but they'd be nothing without me putting them together and giving them a plan. All 5 of them were good at something, but only I was good at everything. I sat down in my chair in the middle of the back of the semi-circle, and waited. We waited about a good 10 full minutes before a star, much too full of herself, walked in like we should be grateful for her presence. Her bodyguard followed closely behind her.