The Rematch

Liam's POV

7 pm

Sam and BJ had finally arrived. I've been waiting outside my truck for about 30 minutes. I had gotten glares from people but I ignored them.

"Payne!" Sam beckoned me towards him. I put my phone in my pocket. Alright. Let's get this over with. I thought.

"Fight!" "Fight!" "Fight!" "Fight!" People were surrounding BJ and I while chanting that. BJ tried to give me a right hook but I blocked it and responded with a kick on his knee. "Is that all you got?" Knight asked.

Instead of answering the question, I punched him in the face and kicked him in the stomach. Knight was down. Bullseye! I thought happily. "What are you smirking about, Payne?" Sawyer asked. "Okay seriously?" I responded.

"I just kicked Knight's ass a second time. Why wouldn't I smirk?" I snapped towards Sawyer. "Cause." Knight had gotten up and was about to punch me when I block him again. I kicked his leg and once again, Knight fell. "Do you give up yet?" I asked.

"No." Knight almost punched me in the jaw but I blocked him. Then he tried to kick me but I grabbed his foot and made him flip over and fall back to the ground. I yawned. "How much longer, Knight? I have better things to do." I asked.

"Alright, alright. I surrender!" Knight screamed while holding the leg I kicked. "Well my work here is done." I turned and walked back to my truck. "I'll get you, Payne!" Sawyer screamed. I rolled my eyes and went inside the gas station. Some people stared at me but I didn't care. All I wanted to do was buy a soda then leave.

"Hey Liam!" I knew that voice. Nate was walking my way. My heart started to beat faster. "Hey." I decided to play it cool. "What you up to?" "Just taking care of business." I silently prayed that Nate didn't see the rematch. "Cool. Say can I get your number? I wanna text you when I'm coming to get you." On the inside, I was jumping for joy. However, on the outside, I remained calm. "Sure."

"Thanks man." Nate patted my back and left. I smiled to myself. I actually had Nate's number! I bought a root beer and a bag of chips then left the gas station.

***

*Saturday*

"Any plans for today, Liam?" Mum was cooking up some lunch and I was sitting at the table with my phone. "I forgot to tell you this yesterday but I was asked out on a date." Not long after I realized I was gay, I told Mum and Dad. Fortunately, they were both very supportive of me.

*flashback*

"Mum. Dad. I have to tell you something." They were watching tv when I walked in the room. "Yes dear?" Mum asked. "I don't know how to tell you this but..." I paused. "Are you alright, son?" Dad asked. I took a deep breath. "I'm gay."

Mum and Dad didn't say anything at first and it was making me nervous. "Please say something." I begged them. "I'll support you 100%, dear. I'm just trying to process this, okay?" Mum stated. "I agree with your mother son." Dad said. "Okay. Thanks guys." I hugged the both of them then went to text Lacey the good news.

*end flashback*

The smell of chicken and mashed potatoes brought me back to reality. "Liam were you even listening to me?" Mum huffed. "No." "I asked you about the date. Who's asked you and where are you two going?" Mum said.

"His name is Nate and I'm not sure where we're going." I replied. "Do you have his number?" "Yeah." "Ask him." Wow. Mum's being nosy. I thought. I whipped out my phone and asked him.

Nate soon replied with:

Nate: its a surprise :)

"Mum, as much as I would love to tell you where we're going, I can't cause Nate says it's a surprise." I told her. Mum had already eaten her chicken and once she was done, she said, "Ooh! Surprises are cool. Are you excited?" "I'm excited and nervous at the same time."

"Oh don't you worry. I'm sure Nate's got something special planned." "I hope you're right." I said. "I know I'm right. Now eat your food before it gets cold." Yeah. I think it's too late for that. I thought.

A/N: hey everyone! hope you liked this chapter!

so I've decided to start dedicating chapters to active readers and this chapter will be dedicated to @fofo_naser 💜

if you want a dedication then you must:

1) read this story

2) vote after every chapter

and a third way to get a dedication is to comment some sweet about this story 😊

okay this author's note is getting ridiculously long. I'm out ✌️
-Sheri