Chapter one

It was just a regular bland Monday, I would wake up, feel annoyed about high school, eat my sad breakfast and head off. Well I mean, I wish it was that way, for the first time ever. Monday's have never been my thing, but for once I kind of want the day I normally dread.

I have to move houses, and moving means a lot of socialising, unpacking and weird feelings are going to happen, exactly what I hate. But mostly, I'm worrying about Aleks. He's been my boyfriend for at least a year now, but before that we had been friends since preschool. His name has a weird spelling, and right off the bat lots of people would think of an odd person, but Aleks is the opposite in a surprising way, he's popular, I'm not. He's cool, I'm not. He's good looking, I'm not. To be honest I am pretty shocked that he said he liked me back when I confessed to him, he is pretty much everything I'm not, in a good way. Anyways long distance relationships aren't meant to go well, and ours would mean being an hour and a half away from each other, which isn't extremely bad but it's not like I have the time to travel that much every weekend, let alone him.

All of these thoughts are buzzing around my head like a flock of doves when I hear mum calling me; "Ok Alexa, time to go!". God that didn't help the birds in me, now they're all fighting and chirping. Geez. "ALEXA!," "COME ON LETS GO!". "IM COMING MUM JUST GIVE ME SOME FREAKING TIME!". That was a bit louder than expected but oh well. I slip on my Doc Martin shoes and leave my bedroom, stumbling glumly down the stairs, I brush the old dresser, and the kitchen bench, and then I shut the front door.