Chapter 19 - Kieran's POV

It’s been 16 days. 16 days she has been in a coma. 16 days since I’ve left the hospital. 16 days since I’ve seen those emerald green eyes. 16 days since I’ve heard her voice or felt her embrace. 16 days.

My mom has been bringing me actual food, not the cafeteria stuff they try to pass off as food, and clean clothes. She also brought me some books and my laptop, since the only way she lets me stay here is if the boys bring me my homework, then take the finished stuff back to school. Lily has a private room and her parents called the hospital telling them that I could stay, so they don’t bother me. I take a shower in the washroom attached to her room. It’s not the best but I’m not leaving her.

Lily’s POV

***Flashback***

(3 years ago)

You made me insecure,

Told me I wasn’t good enough.

But who are you to judge

When you’re a diamond in the rough?

I’m sure you got some things

You’d like to change about yourself.

But when it comes to me

I wouldn’t want to be anybody else.

He sings and I close my eyes as lean back against the bed strumming the chords of my guitar, I know them by heart. I smile listening to his beautiful voice.

Who says, who says you're not perfect?

Who says you're not worth it?

Who says you're the only one that's hurtin'?

Trust me, that's the price of beauty

Who says you're not pretty?

Who says you're not beautiful?

Who says?

I add in my little extra words because I can hear the smile in his voice when I do. My voice isn’t as good as his but it isn’t terrible either.

It’s such a funny thing

How nothing’s funny when it’s you

You tell ‘em what you mean

But they keep whiting out the truth

It’s like a work of art

That never gets to see the light

Keep you beneath the stars

Won’t let you touch the sky

He has no idea why I love this song. He has no idea that I play this song when he’s not here and cry. This song says exactly how I feel, but I hide it from everyone. But when he is singing I can’t cry because he transforms the song into the hope, I can’t feel when I’m on my own.

Who says, who says you're not perfect?

Who says you're not worth it?