Chapter 1

People are coming and going. Machines are forever beeping. Connie looks up from her mountain of paperwork, muttering to herself and setting her pen down on her glass desk. She bites her lip as she notices Jacob staring longingly at her. Standing up from her chair, she smooths down her skirt and headed towards him. "Something you wanted Staff Nurse Masters?" Connie inquired while folding her arms across her chest.  "No sweetcheeks, I was just admiring the view" he flirted. She had to admit she wasn't one for all this flirting, but this time she was quite enjoying the chase. Although having said that she knew she'd give in to her temptation soon enough. "Well muscles I suggest you look at another view considering I'm trying to work and you're distracting me" Connie stated while tapping her heel against the hard ED floor. "You love the distraction really" Jacob stated with a smirk plastered on his face knowing he was irritating her massively. Connie tried to hide the smile that graced her lips but was finding it extremely difficult. "Well if you can keep your eyes from prying till the end of shift I might consider giving them something to really look at" she winked before strutting back to her office and slowly but seductively closing the door.

Connie rested her head on the cold surface of her desk, the paperwork finally getting the better of her. She groaned to herself feeling her exhaustion catch up with her. She didn't hear a certain Staff Nurse enter her office. He crouched down beside her which is when she turned her head to see him smiling at her. That cheeky smile alone drove her crazy. "You feeling ok sweetcheeks?" he asked concerningly. She nodded slightly feeling to tired to speak. Tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, Jacob proceeded to lift her up and place her on the sofa in her office. "You should get some sleep Queen B, you are already cranky enough let alone when you aren't well rested" Jacob joked. He got up to leave when Connie grabbed his hand, please Jacob, will you stay?" Connie barely whispered. "Of course Con" he replied almost immediately. He hesitated slightly before gently lifting her up and placing her on his lap. Placing a blanket over her to keep her warm and wrapping his arms around her, he surprsingly found she snuggled into his chest, her once tense body beginning to relax in his embrace. Connie let the darkness consume her, she was shattered but she felt safe knowing Jacob was there with her. Her eyes fluttered close and she drifted off into a deep sleep.

Connie woke slightly disorientated, she was sprawled across her office sofa, a blanket covering her lower half. She looked around seeing no sign of Jacob. Sighing to herself she began to move her legs off the sofa when Jacob strolled in as if he'd never left. "Sweetcheeks you're awake" he exclaimed sounding slightly more surprised than he'd meant to. "I thought you'd gone" she muttered looking down at the floor. He rushed over to her, bending down so that their eyes locked together. "I could never leave you here knowing you needed me ok sweetcheeks" he reassured while brushing her cheek with his fingers. "Jay I, I don't know what this is and it scares me to let my guard down in order to let you in when I don't know how its going to turn out" she rambled. "I know Con but I promise you I'm not going to hurt you. I care about you more than anything, I want you Con and only you" he spoke with a softness in his voice that made Connie weak at the knees even though she was sitting down. "Jay I can't promise that I'll be the perfect partner but I promise to try" she exclaimed feeling way out of her comfort zone. "You are already perfect to me sweetcheeks" Jacob soothed before Connie lent in and kissed him.

Eventually Connie pulled away, her hands still firmly placed against his chest, his fingers still running through you lucious brown locks. A smile graced her lips as he looked down at her. "I believe that was our first kiss sweetcheeks". "I believe it was muscles". He kissed her once more, her arms moving around his neck as his hands falling to her waist. As they pulled apart again, Connie blushed. "Are you blushing Mrs Beauchamp?" Jacob mocked. "Don't flatter yourself Mr Masters I never blush" Connie flirted. "You keep telling yourself that sweetcheeks" Jacob chuckled. "I will muscles and do you know why". "Why Connie?" Jacob stupidly asked. "Because I'm Connie Beauchamp and I'm always right" she smirked at him. "Well maybe that's going to have to change soon" Jacob teased. "I doubt it" Connie giggled to herself before Jacob swung her ofd her feet. "Wasn't expecting that were you sweetcheeks?" "Funnily enough no I wasn't" she laughed. Jacob kissed her again as she placed her hands either side of his face. God this man drove her insane but she wanted to be with him, to love him, for him to call her his. At this moment Jacob pulled away and rested his forehead against hers. She smiled as they stayed like this, enjoying the moment with one another. Jacob broke the silence.

"I will stand by you sweetcheeks, always"

"And I will stand by you muscles, forever"