Chapter Fourteen

"So, bathroom here, your room will be in front of Hermione's room, and the dining room, here." Mrs Granger said but Harry just listened half-heartedly. He can't thank Hermione enough. "Harry? Are you listening?" Mrs Granger said, a bit hurt in her voice but Harry acted and proved it. "Yeah, I am. This is bathroom, my room, and dining room." He said and Mrs Granger smiled.

A bit away, Mr Granger listened their conversation, still doubting the boy with messy hair and emerald green eyes. He frowned and rubbed his forehead. He looks innocent, but he can't help but notice his scar on his forehead. It's shaped like a lightning. He remembered his daughter describing him and she did say about his scar. Hermione said he got it when his parents died.

"Hello?? Daniel dear?" Mrs Granger called and Mr Granger snapped out of his thoughts. "Huh! Oh... yes?" He stammered and Mrs Granger frowned. "Can both of you give us a minute?" Hermione and Harry nodded together and left the room in the same pace. Mrs Granger looked at her husband and sighed. "Please honey, what's so bad about him? He's the first boy who made our lovely daughter feel special! And he's also very kind and unique!" Mrs Granger exclaimed and Mr Granger sighed.

"I know! It's just... I don't want this boy falling in love with our daughter, he's..."

"He's allowed to fall in love with our daughter! He's  wonderful boy, why can't we give him a chance?"

"I can't accept my girl dating a boy already, she's old enough, but... I want to spend more time with her."

"You will, we all will, let's let him live here for this holiday, I bet."

"Fine, I'll try."

"Can you both give us a minute?" Mrs Granger asked and Hermione and Harry nodded at the same time, then left with the same pace. Harry looked at Hermione who looks green and about to fall, so he grabbed her arm and held her up. "Her... Hermione? You alright?" Harry asked and carried her to the bathroom. "Leave and clo... uhhhh.... close the door Harry." Hermione groaned and Harry obeyed. He hurried out and decided to have a look at his room, which was a huge mistake.

Harry entered the wrong room and entered Hermione's room. Harry wanted to leave but a board caught his attention. On the board, there were moving pictures of him, Ron, Luna, Ginny, Neville and all her friends. But there's a tag on his own picture. "The one who made me feel special." The tag read and Harry frowned. Am I that important in Hermione's life? But he thought back to the past, Hermione s Harry's first friend, and Harry was Hermione's first friend too.

Flash Back...

Harry walked in the wall he accidentally found and... here it is, the Hogwarts Train station. Harry gasped in awe but suddenly, he remembered the girl before he walked in the wall. He walked out again and see the girl crying, also surrounded by other girls who seemed to be teasing her. "You mudbloods don't deserve to go to Hogwarts, get lost!" One of the girl said and the bushy-hair girl started to cry. "Aww, did we make the little mud cry? Aww..." Another girl said and Harry can't stand it any more.

"Hey! Stop bullying her!" Harry yelled and everyone looked at him. "Oh? Now who are you? Another mudblood?" The first girl, who seems to be the leader, asked. "I'm Harry Potter, now stop bullying her!" Harry yelled and everyone gasped. "Hmph! You're lucky mudblood!" The leader said and went through the wall.

Harry immediately ran to the girl which was now crying. "Hey... it's fine now. What's your name?" "I'm Hermione... Hermione Granger..." The girl said quietly and Harry smiled. "Nice to meet you! You're the first Hogwarts student I know here." Harry said and helped Hermione up. "Yeah, me too actually." Hermione wiped her tears away and Harry helped. "Let's be friends, shall we?" Harry asked and extended his hand. "Thank you, that's... wow." Hermione said and shook his hand.

From that day on, Harry didn't know why, but he had an instinct is to always protect Hermione.

Reality...

Harry stared at the board and smiled. Apparently, he's even more important than Ginny, Luna or other girl friends. "God... my period again..."Harry heard Hermione murmuring at the door and Harry panicked as he can't exit. "Uhh... let me get my... HARRY!" Hermione whisper-screamed and Harry stammered. "Umm... Hermione..." Hermione looked at Harry and looked at the board. "Now you know why." Hermione said. Harry can hear anger in her voice so he start to apologize. "I'm... I'm sorry Hermione. I didn't mean to... ok." Harry sighed as Hermione cut him of by pushing him out of the door and slamming the door in his face. Way to go Harry, the first day you were here, and you've already ruined it.

 Way to go Harry, the first day you were here, and you've already ruined it

"Guys? Dinners ready!" Mrs Granger yelled and Harry groaned. He's very nervous in meeting Hermione and she most certainly don't want to talk to her parents. Cedric and Voldemort had already haunted him enough. Harry could hear Hermione walking out of the room and knocking on Harry's door. Harry's mind is like RED ALERT! RED ALERT! Hermione knocked again and Harry replied in a hoarse voice. "Come in." Hermione turned the knob slowly and walked in with her head down. "I'm sorry Harry. I didn't mean to yell at you just now. It's just... you are very... important to me." Hermione said quietly and Harry got up and hug Hermione. Surprisingly, he was the one to cry.

"What's wrong Harry?" Hermione asked though she knew the answer very clearly. "Voldemort... why do I have to be the chosen one Hermione? You're smart, please tell me." Harry sobbed and Hermione bored her eyes through Harry's. "Because your parents love you, and because even the gods know that you're brave, kind and caring. They know you're the best to do the one and only job... defeat Voldemort."

"Then why does it hurt?" Harry asked, pointing to his heart. "Piercing right here?" Harry asked and Hermione smiled weakly and pressed her head to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "That can't be explained Harry."

But Harry was no longer listening, a vision appeared in his eyes, and he can't help but freeze. Why? Cause it was sent by Voldemort.