reality sucks (2am thoughts)

If there is one thing I've learned from my 18 years old living is that reality sucks. It really, truly does. But, with that said, I don't think it's okay to live in the fantasy world where everything is perfect and where you don't deal with reality. That's not okay. I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to social media I put my best foot forward. I rarely post unless I'm traveling or when I think something is worth sharing. It's more like I post the highlights of my life.

I have friends who tell me they wish they had my life. They tell me that I'm so lucky to have a family that supports my art. They wish they were me. But they only see part of the story. They see the part of my life where I get to photograph my favorite bands. I get into shows for free. I travel to places like Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, New Orleans, and New York City. I have the perfect family. I'm always happy. I live my best life. But that's not the whole reality. Reality is that I'm bipolar. I get anxious in public. Sometimes I have $0 in my bank account. I'm probably going to get lung cancer. I dropped out of high school. I've watched my dad sell drugs to random strangers. I'm not sure what I'm doing. I planned my dads funeral at 17.

Reality sucks but that isn't any reason to shy away from it. I embrace my reality. You should to.

x