Sorrow & Regret

It was once prophesied that a boy will be born with unprecedented power. The prophecy designated him as the Chosen One.

A being so powerful that his aptitude was fabricated from the force itself, a being so powerful he will never allow the light to succumb to the ever-growing darkness, and a being so powerful he will bring balance to the force. However, this prophecy never emanated, the numerous indispensable belief placed upon this divination became nothing but empty words in the wind.

Many questioned, "What happened?" It was simple. Really simple.

The prophecy wasn't yet fulfilled, it is continuing to illustrate its path to conclude what it had initially begun.

~❦

Rex patiently waited for her arrival, sitting leg-crossed on top of a crystalline contraption, which was solely responsible for holding homeopathic necessities. He couldn't help himself but express a feeling of warmth, knowing that it's been fourteen years since the Clone Wars had ended.

Something so dreadful, Rex wished he wouldn't have to experience it again. But something made his return to the noxious battlefield. He knew that this time, he wasn't fighting for the same thing again. The frontier established radar bleeped repeatedly, presenting a minuscule red mark proceeding towards the capital ship's hanger.

"Commander" Rex whispered. The abrupt interruption abolished those momentarily misplaced memories. Pushing himself up, Rex walked closer but paused upon the guidelines established for aircraft landing. He attempted to prepare himself mentally and physically for this reunion, but something assured him that it wasn't necessary.

The hanger's automated plasma-shield gradually disables, the plasma ripples before disappearing and an undulating echo of the safeguard is replaced swiftly with the aircraft's roaring engine.

Upon landing, Rex's deep-rooted habits returned, folding both arms behind his back and straightening the entire length of his body; instinctive posture. The exterior of the ship extended outwards, allowing the interior to gradually unclutter while great volumes of heat and pressure exerted from the internal region of the craft itself.

"Rex." A familiar voice entrenched with maturity called out towards the longstanding war soldier standing opposite the stationary ship.

"Commander Tano." He replied sturdily, smiling as he saw the grown figure walk down the extended mechanical ramp, even though she was cloaked in some worn-out fabric, he could continually tell that she was the commander he fought alongside with during the war.

"You can never learn to drop the titles, can you?"

"Old habits, Commander. Besides, you've gotten older."

"Really? In what way can you tell?" The tone of her speech spoke out cheerfully. Smiling at that remark, Rex inwardly nodded as he remembered that was one of the commander's special personal traits: being snippy. In dire times, a bit of humor would entertain a lost soul, especially individuals that were mentally defeated during the pinnacle moment of warfare.

Leaving the extended platform, the Togruta stood at eye level with her old friend; something she didn't think would ever happen. She pinched the fabric of her cloak and pushed it back which further revealed how mature the Togruta had really become.

"Well, you've grown taller and in addition, I can see your montrals being longer than it used to be."

"Very observant."

There was a moment of silence, but the two realized they couldn't hold it in any longer. Rex and Ahsoka finally embraced, arms wrapped around each other tightly as memories of being together flooded their vision.

The embrace didn't last long, but it was certainly enough. Stepping back, Ahsoka coughed lightly.

"Guide me to the problem at hand."

"Absolutely Commander."

"Rex enough with the titles, Ahsoka is enough."

"In my book Commander, a little respect can go a long way."

"Who's the youngling."

"I am Master Skywalker's Padawan. The name is Ahsoka Tano."

"Sir, I thought you said that you never had a Padawan."

"There's been a mix-up, the youngling is in with me."

"Stop calling me that! You're stuck with me Skyguy."

"What did you just call me?! Don't get Snippy with me little one! You know, I don't even think you are old enough to be a Padawan!"

"Oh, maybe I am not. But Master Yoda thinks I am."

"Well you are not with Master Yoda now, so if you are ready you better start proving it. Captain Rex will show you how a little respect can go a long way."

"Commander, is everything fine?"

Ahsoka quickly snapped back to reality. A mixture of sorrow and regret surfaced from that reminiscing moment. All these years, the Togruta had been attempting to contact her Master, but to no avail. She tried continuously, denying the possibility of him passing away, however, the haunting thought congealed. Ahsoka felt like she had failed him, disappointed him left him. These self-centered sentiments are what made the matured Togruta drive into complete isolation; completely sealing herself from the outside world. The combinations of clashing emotions abruptly stopped as she realized that there is no point being remorseful now.

This wasn't what her Master would have wanted.

Focusing back onto Rex, she smiled lightly.

"Yes."