I Saw Her

**JD POV**

I looked around at the new surroundings of the hallways at WesterBurg High. It's cold and claustrophobic, so many types of people around me. Shoving and yelling at each other. Being taller than them, I shove through the comic book geeks. It would only take one shot to kill them. I try to ignore the voice in my head. I am heading towards the bathroom. I glance pass a "say no to bullying" sign outside the boys' restroom.

I walk in and stare at myself in the mirror. My messy black hair and baggy dark eyes. My drink Pepsi shirt is grey and worn out. Probably visible that I also wore it yesterday. I mostly hide in the long black trench coat that drapes over me. The most important thing on me is my necklace. The necklace my mother gave me before she died. It looks like normal dog tags to everyone else but it means so much more to me.

Two tall jocks walk in. Not wanting trouble, I shove past them. I hear one yell at me but the ringing in my ears block it out. When I'm out of the bathroom I look around and see only a few kids. Skipping class again? Yep. I start to head back to the front doors until I see them. The Heathers.

They walk past me and all I see are flashes of red, green, and yellow. But I see one of them very clearly. This one wasn't a blur. She wore all blue and had brown shoulder-length hair. I could tell she was different. I quickly smirk at her and walk past heading out the door.

**TIME SKIP**

I walk back into the doors of hell. You can't call it 'hell' if you haven't been here a full day. Whatever. I shove through everyone again until I see her again. She's at her locker talking to a girl. I can tell that girl is a Heather. She wears all yellow and has blonde hair. I smirk watching them talk to each other. "They're dating" I hear some guy whisper in my ear, smirking and running off quickly. You better run, asshole. I keep staring at them. Are they really? I shouldn't worry about this. The girl wearing blue glances over at me. I walk away pretending I was never there.

We're at lunch now. I sit alone in a corner. I watch the girl in blue approach me. "Can I join you..?" she asks like it wasn't a question at all and plops down next to me.

"Well, do I look like a person you want to be seen with, you a Heather" I reply grinning at her. "Or do you just want to spread rumors about the new guy."

"No, I'm a Veronica. Sawyer" she implies, smiling brightly at me. "No, I'm not the rumor type, that's what the Heathers do. I saw you looking at me."

I smirk at her feeling heat in my cheeks. "Well, what's a Veronica doing with a group of Heathers. How can I help but stare?"

"I'm friends with them... wish I wasn't but I am.." she says quickly "I also didn't catch your name?"

My smirk fades and I get up. "I didn't throw it. See you around, Veronica." I walk away, fiddling with my necklace as I leave the room.

(it's short but I'm not good at this so yea, I hope you enjoy)