1

Chapter 1

"Yoon Jeonghan, for the third time, let me remind that you are not allowed to use your phone in class." The Finance professor frustratingly said, gathering all his patience to stop himself from hitting the student who'd be either occupied with his phone or silently sleep in class yet still gets high marks on his subject, to almost all of the subjects in particular, which is quite surprising for a pretty boy like him. His closest friends Seungkwan and Seokmin burst out laughing at how Jeonghan carelessly drops a huge ass book from his table that dangerously landed close to the professor's shoes, it was heavy with three hundred pages and more to count.

The whole class didn't mind, it was not a big deal in Business College school, some students would even eat or play video games secretly in class. Only few people were enjoying the difficult and boring subject at nine o'clock in the morning.

"Sorry about that." He apologized, hiding his phone back in his pocket. Once his professor faced back, he takes it out again, carefully typing a reply to Vernon, the half Korean half American boy he is currently dating who's in the Arts department with Graphic Design as his course which is across their department's building.

Jeonghan, taking up finance major in business, one of the top students for two years straight, he would be studying for two hours before the examination, cramming for deadlines, and all the unnecessary homeworks that are due the following day. He likes to read a lot, most especially when it comes to Literature. The pretty boy was considered popular among his batch with his beautiful yet handsome face, his hairstyle that no other guy could rock, a chestnut brown hair color with side bangs that compliments his delicate look, almond eyes, petite nose and thin pinkish lips.

His dormitory is just near the campus, living together with Seungkwan as his roommate while his other friend Seokmin shares with a boy he dislikes since the first day they've met.

Their first encounter was a bit conflicted and awkward, Hong Jisoo joined their class in one month later after first day of school, during the break time, Jisoo came to him first and wanted to befriend him that surprised Jeonghan so much with the confusing mixed Korean and English words that came from the younger. He wanted to vomit at how all his friends admire the new transferee. Ever since, he would always tease or release harshful remarks towards the boy or rather not, completely ignoring the boy's presence as if he doesn't exist, he just didn't like the idea of being friends with him. The boy seems fake to be too kind and gentle, to add that he speaks in English out of nowhere. Also, a top student. Seokmin and Seungkwan were used to his attitude towards the boy, as well for that boy towards him.

"Can you tone down your voice?" Jisoo faces back, asking in desperation to Jeonghan who is still on his phone, giggling with the endless hearts and kiss emoticons that Vernon sent him.

"I'm not doing anything, dumb."

"At least keep your mouth shut and your always-vibrating-phone." Jisoo glared, "You're disturbing the class."

"You're the only one complaining, I don't think your complaints count as one."

"You're hopeless."

"Oh, that's you." Jeonghan wanted to yell but it wasn't a good timing to do since they were inside the class and he'd most probably get kicked out, "You're the one who's hopeless, all you know is watching anime and playing a shitty guitar."

"It's called hobbies," The other stated harshly, "Not even related to being hopeless but your hobbies, what are your hobbies though? Sleep or flirting?"

"Being a top student and killing you, which would happen after dismissal."

"Stop it, you guys." A student who is two seats away whispers to them.

There they go again. Seokmin wanted to hit the two for acting like little brats. Even how many attempts him and Seungkwan try to make the two bond closely and allow to know each other, it would turn into nonsense bickering and childish fights. Even if they warn them about how they are being overboard and stressing out the friends or people around them, it was useless. Completely impossible to turn the situation in opposite.

7:35pm. Vernon sends Jeonghan with flirty text messages again, making his lips form into a subtle smile, he inhales deeply before typing on a sweet reply—miss you too—and sends it regardless with his friend Seungkwan trying to peek on his phone. He shrugs him off, glaring. Every time he states about privacy issues, his roommate would brush the topic and go on for another topic.

"Jeonghan's busy with his phone again," Seungkwan tiredly expresses while they were having dinner in a pizza place behind their dormitory, "because of someone he's been hiding from me, from us."

Seokmin chuckles, giving away his hated pineapples from his slice of pizza to Jisoo who's seated beside him, "I doubt! That would be the first time!"

"Even if we're about to sleep, he'd make a call just to say goodnight to his special friend," Seungkwan added, "I'm jealous, Jeonghan."

"Yeah," Seokmin agrees, nodding his head, "You're lately busy on your phone during classes too."

"I can't believe you guys are overreacting about it." The pretty boy continued chewing on his food, ignoring how the two boys were talking  about his new friend while the person he hates remains quiet.

"Jeonghan wouldn't even tell me if they are dating or just flirting, I'm upset!"

If he could only stop Seungkwan from spilling how occupied he is with the new guy they're jealous of; he just met Vernon two months ago, during an art exhibition at school, and he was truly amazed at the crafts that Vernon has produced. In about a month, Vernon confessed, he accepted him without hesitation. He was attracted too deeply to reject the perfect boy that seems to be sent from the above.

"That guy must be overly handsome and masculine that he would be Jeonghan's first love, I'm sure."

"God, Seungkwan you're too upset for nothing. I just started dating him a month ago." He hesitated for a second but still continued, "He's a guy."

"Wow! I'm happy for my friend but wait, one month?!" Seungkwan's disappointed voice pointed out, "He never told us for a month, I can't believe our Jeonghan is being this secretive for the first time in history."

"I didn't know that you'd mind."

"We don't mind at all." Jisoo finally spoke up, rolling his eyes heavenwards.

"I don't need your fucking opinion." The pretty boy fired back, earning a glare from all of the boys.

"Don't fight again, guys." Seungkwan sighed. He must have used these same words for a hundredth time in two years span as if playing an alarm tone in repeat.

Jeonghan whines, acting like a child who just got bullied, "this stupid jerk started it!"

"Jeonghan, stop cursing Jisoo." Seokmin says.

"Not even—" he wanted to push the boy he hates the most out of the place but his friends would probably take the latter's side than him who's currently being in the hot seat situation.

"About the boyfriend, Jeonghan.  We're roommates!" Seungkwan answered, "How come you never told me?"

"You often see his text messages though."

"But how would even know—"

"Spill the name, Jeonghan." Seokmin sternly said, eyes full attention on Jeonghan.

This time, Jeonghan glances to each of them, until his eyes landed on Jisoo, who is now staring at him intensely, eyes expressing concern and interest that he likely disagrees to believe, instead, he looks down on his empty plate, "Fine, fine. His name's Vernon."