Chapter 1-The Beginning of the End

I felt my body tense up as a shiver ran down my spine. The dreaded monster stood before me. Adrenaline pumped through my body, urging me to run. I stood there motionless. My body unable to move. I watched it tear apart the walls as if they were paper.

No one could run.

I could feel the ground shake below me with every step it took. The world around me blurred as my whole life flashed before me. I don't want to die. I sprinted forward, picking up the sword of a fallen knight. I dashed towards the monster, my mind determined to kill it. When suddenly I felt a pair hands grab my ripped shirt, pulling me away from the creature.

"Do you want to die?"

Those words echoed through my head as the cries of the rampaging monster filled my ears. I stared blankly at the person infront of me.

"W-Who are you?" I stuttered

"The person who just saved your life!" I heard the person say as they grabbed my hand, pulling me up off the ground.

I soon realised that this person wasn't human. She was an elf. A female elf about the same height as me. I watched her signal me to follow her as the monster got closer to us. I followed her out of the kingdom's walls and into the forest. We hadn't gone far into the forest when she came to a sudden stop

"This should be far enough," she stated as she turned around to me, "It shouldn't be able to detect us out here,"

I let out a sigh as I lowered myself to the ground, taking a seat on a fallen tree.

"What is that thing?" I asked as I leaned forward, my eyes locked onto the creature through a broken down wall.

"Yvolter, The Creature of Revenge," I heard her mutter as she reached into her robe, pulling out a bandage of some kind.

I couldn't help but feel a strange aura coming from the woman, so without thinking I slowly turned towards her. I scanned her body carefully, trying to detect the source of the unusual aura. That's when I realised that she has really big bo-

"What are you looking at!?" She turned around to me almost as quickly as I could turn away.

"Oh it's nothing," My face burned as red as the oozing, metallic liquid as I turned away, trying to hide my shame.